Help for getting MMS with the french mobile operator Bouygues

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 90%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): each version from first version of SFOS 3
HARDWARE (Jolla1, Tablet, XA2,…): Jolla 1 & XA2
UI LANGUAGE: French
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?):

DESCRIPTION:

Since the first version of SFOS 3, chances to be able to donwload MMS are quite inexistant. It is something like 90% of fail.
I am in France and this behaviour is the same with 2 different operator (Free and Bouygues).
I read somewhere that some users could perfectly download MMS with my current operator (Bouygues), but unfortunately there was no solution provided.

After discussions with the Jolla’s technical support, it seems that this operator is mixing the IPV4 technology and the IPV6 technology, that SFOS is not currently well supporting.

But sometimes, it works, so It seems that a solution exists !

So I ask to the community, with the same operator (Bouygues, from France) to help me about this.

PRECONDITIONS:

Living in France and using Bouygues as mobile operator.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Subscribe to Bouygues :slight_smile:
  2. Ask a friend to send you a MMS
  3. Pray

EXPECTED RESULT:

Get a cool picture from your friend.

ACTUAL RESULT:

Cry alone.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

1 Like

Hi, I don’t have Bouygues nor Free sorry, but you should try to repro with the “MMS Logger” application running, it might reveal what’s the issue.
Otherwise, no issue when sending one?

The issue is about mixing IPV6 and IPV4 infrastructures. I already used MMS Logger and send it to the technical support. There is no more precise information about this issue than that IPV4/6 stuff.

And you ask a good question. I can’t send MMS anymore. Or to be honest, it is like 0.1% chance to be able to send one.

If I ask to the community, it is because I know that some people could receive and send MMS normally, but the posts are old, and I don’t find them anymore. And there was no solution provided in the post.

Ok. Just to be sure (and then I’ll let the people who have Bouygues help ^^), what are your MMS settings? If it’s a ipv4/ipv6 issue, did you set the Protocol setting to Dual? It seems to have helped some people: MMS On XA2 (Ultra) Not Downloading
Also in the same thread, some people report that it seems to fail when connected to a Wifi.

Yes, I set the Dual settings, and remove the Proxy as someone suggest it. I also tried to switch of networks with airplane mode, and switch back. It is absolutely random. So random that it doesn’t work better :slight_smile:

And even if it worked like that, it is not a normal behaviour :slight_smile:

Hi, I use xa2 plus with Bouygues telecom as provider.
I can dowload MMS with protocole set to IPV6 only. (restart network after change param)
It don’t work xith IPV4 or dual.
And it’ s mandatory to set wifi to off.
I can send you all my config if you need.

I had the pb, solved for me with the following parameters for MMS Access Point :
Name : Bouygues MMS
APN : mmsbouygtel.com
Protocol : Mixte
Authentication : None
Proxy Address : Leave empty
Proxy Port : Leave empty
MMS address center : http://mms.bouyguestelecom.fr/mms/wapenc

Xperia XA2 Plus
Sailfish 0S 4.1.0.24 (Kvarken)
Peripheral adapter : 0.0.8.19

2 Likes

Thanks ndaguenet, your settings make MMS work on my Sailfish OS 4.2.0.21 Xperia XA2 :slight_smile:

Hi,
Does anyone have a working configuration for Free mobile operator ?
Sending is ok for me. but receiving is a failure 100% time.
Thanks for your help

The default SFOS MMS config was wrong for RED-SFR too.
I had to do some researches. You could try the same for you like this.

So it looks like the issue is that the default parameters for Bouygues are incorrect?

I’ve created an internal bug about this, and so have marked it as tracked.

@ndaguenet: if I understand correctly the values you gave in your earlier post above are working well for you? Could I ask where you got these values from please?

@ric9k, if you’ve found something similar for RED-SFR, would you be able to post the details in a separate bug report please?

It’s here.
You probably didn’t find it because I named SFR instead of RED-SFR.
The company is SFR, but then they had plans under RED-SFR… you know… :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks @ric9k, and sorry for missing it. I see from that thread that you even created a fixing PR, which got merged. Great!

1 Like

The value were a mix of personal tests and information from the internet. They still works fine for me even if I have a small doubt about receiving/sending MMS when Wifi is active, it seems to work better when de activating wifi.