Help Building Amazfish

Looking for some help as I am at a loss as to what the issue could be.

• Ubuntu 20.04 LTS

• SFOS SDK 3.7.4

• Arch 4.2.0.21-armv7hl
  • Virtualbox

Program I am trying to build: Amazfish

Steps Taken:

• Installed virtual box
  • Ran SDK installer
  • git clone --recurse-submodules (amazfish github)
  • Started build engine in IDE
  • SSH into build engine (I know you can do this via sfdk)
    -Added Chum repo for 4.2.0.21
    -Installed build depends
    -Refreshed
    -Exited
  • cd harbour-amazfish
  • sfdk config --push target SailfishOS-4.2.0.21-armv7hl
  • sfdk build

Errors:

make[1]: *** [Makefile:2020: deviceinterface.o] Error 1
make[1]: ***Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/<usr>/SailfishOS/examples/harbour-amazfish/daemon'
make: *** [Makefile:88: sub-daemon-make_first-ordered] Error 2
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.P2LIIe (%build)

RPM build errors:
   Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.P2LIIe (%build)

Hi,

You could have posted a little bit more of the error message. Now as I’m not on my laptop I can’t follow your steps, so I have to guess: The code on the master branch does not compile, because it has my event simulation code merged. That requires also the changes in the libwatchface repository, and unfortunately those changes were only merged to test-new-api branch. You could perhaps try this: cd daemon/libwatchface && git cherry-pick 316563b74901871832a253d797a9e964d6b97b55 and then try to build again.

1 Like

The only other visible issues are:

No provider of '(kf5-calendarcore-devel if kf5-calendarcore)' found

Both are installed, but I see that “error” is based on how it is in the spec file. More like a warning?

Here is the output preceding the actual error above, but you are correct I was using master and your “event” simulation comment kinda makes sense given the pic.

Thanks will try that.

If it doesn’t work though, I would be ok with only the 2.0.3 commits so I may go back to the tags and try with that, worst case

Please avoid posting screenshots of error messages. It makes the error messages impossible to find with a full-text search.

1 Like

See first post for actual TYPED errors :wink: , and given this is (probably) a submodule not being up to the latest commit as Amazfish master it likely wont be an issue for very long.

@vige You brilliant man, that was exactly the issue. Built and installed just fine with the 2.0.3 tag (figured I would go with the stable).

Thank you.