Google play services on xperia 10 III Sailfish 4.4.0.64

Most values could be extracted from phones system so I think it is not so hard to rewrite the script it will used on both archs.

Thanks for all the good work here. Is anyone maintaining a proper GitHub repo for these scripts, do we know?

After installed sailfish 4.5 google play services stopped to work/ update. How I can make it update again. Sorry my poor english. I use the install gapps script.

That’s what I get:

extract image
Copying original image /opt/alien/system.img to /home/.aliendalvik_systemimg_patch/system.img.orig.20230329T130144
image was extracted
install open gapps
Unzip open gapps archive
Searching for Open GApps zip at /home/defaultuser/Downloads//open_gapps-arm64-11.0-pico-*.zip
Opening Open GApps download page
-bash: –: Tiedostoa tai hakemistoa ei ole
unzip: cannot find or open , .zip or .ZIP.
umount: /home/.aliendalvik_systemimg_patch/tmp/systemimg_mount: no mount point specified.

Edit: nevermind, it can be found here: OpenGApps - Browse /arm64/20220503 at SourceForge.net

CosmicStars’ script works, and no problems with google play, though its not available in Android emulation (some apps need it)

Yes it works, but google play services are not updated. Some apps like IL Paras sää( finnish weather app) doesn’t show a rain map, but there is a notification that google play services are being updated. I’m running sailfish 4.5.0.19

Can anybody helps me out with this? I’ve the 32bit Xperia 10 and sailfish 4.4… How to rhn the script ? Adapt the script ? Thx otherwise well… Bye google
EDIT: The script for the Xperia XA2 worked brilliant on my Xperia 10 I. I modified /home/nemo to /home/defaultuser. That’s all.
here it is opengappsinstallerforxperia10markI.sh - Google Drive

Does the gps data work for both goigle maps and whatsap, viber. When I use the script gps is not triggered from viber, whatsap or glympse but works great with some i
other apps like organic maps or here wego

You could try if starting a SFOS App which uses GPS like GPSInfo before starting an Android App which does not trigger the gps helps.

I have tested, while google maps has gps data, the other apps does not get it. As if sinething is broken for a group of apps but gps is working perfectly for others.

GPS didn’t work very well on my XA2 plus it took forever for it to find my location.
On my X10III it works as expected.

Did you manage to fix it. Could someone post link with working script file to download?

yes got it working and working script was in this post

need also file which is mentioned here: Google play services on xperia 10 III Sailfish 4.4.0.64 - #57 by Tekno

I get the following error:

Erreur fatale: /home/.aliendalvik_systemimg_patch/tmp/rpms/lzip-1.16-1.fc22.armv7hl.rpm has wrong architecture: armv7hl
umount: /home/.aliendalvik_systemimg_patch/tmp/systemimg_mount: no mount point specified.

I am on the latest SF version

1 Like

In 4.6.0, looks like a refactor is necessary at least for SYSTEM_IMG=/opt/{alien -> appsupport}/system.img. Not sure yet if that’s all there is, since appsupport service is currently failing to start after 4.6.0 update [Release notes] Sauna 4.6.0.11 - #33 by lkraav

I changed the SYSTEM_IMG path and used open_gapps-arm64-11.0-pico-20220503.zip
Play Store works but the apps are unable to see Play Services. I had microG before this update.

You removed all tracs of MicroG?

But even on clean install, I’ve had a couple apps fail to find Play Services, even if majority seem to work fine.

I just had to install the apps again. For apps that have data that I don’t want to lose I downloaded an older apk with Aurora store and then
appsupport-attach sh
pm install -d /path/to/apk.apk

And after that it is possible to update it with Play store. So this was a microG thing.

1 Like

I have successfully booted 4.6.0 App Support with this slightly updated script fork Sony 10 III - Dual SIM (arm64) | Sailfish OS 4.6 | Android 11 | Open GApps pico installation script · GitHub

Thanks @nemishkor for getting the gist started.

2 Likes

Thank you! Worked like a charm

First of all thanks for your corrections at the code.
I think there are small typos in it.
At the beginning (before set -e) there should be #!/bin/sh string.
At _find_opengapps() function (row 101 adding the #!/bin/sh above), the download variable should be equal to /home/defaultuser/Downloads and not /home/defaultuser/Downloads/ because, with the slash at the end, at runtime it will return /home/defaultuser/Downloads//name_pattern="open_gapps-$OPENGAPPS_ARCH-$OPENGAPPS_API-$OPENGAPPS_VARIANT-*.zip" (double slashes after Downloads).
In this way the code worked for me after the 4.6.0.11 update.