Google calendar sync (account to phone) fails

REPRODUCIBILITY: 100%
OS VERSION: 4.4.0.58
HARDWARE: X10
UI LANGUAGE: Finnish
REGRESSION: new

DESCRIPTION:

Starting this week, syncing events in google account only works one way. Events added in the phone (regular Jolla calendar app) appear reliably online, but events added in google calendar aren’t synced to the phone. The sync was still working fine last week, so I’m thinking this is may be something at the google end of things. Gmail is still syncing normally.

PRECONDITIONS:

A google account is needed

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Add an event to your google calendar on another device
  2. Open Jolla calendar app
  3. Select “update”

EXPECTED RESULT:

Event(s) added elsewhere are synced to the phone calendar

ACTUAL RESULT:

Nothing happens at all. No events popping up or even any error messages

MODIFICATIONS:

None

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Obviously have tested rebooting the phone etc.

Please look in ~/.cache/msyncd/sync/logs/ for files called “Google.Calendars-XX.log.xml”, and post them here.

Also for collecting detailed logs, follow CalDAV and CardDAV Community Contributions | Sailfish OS Documentation

There’s also lots of info (albeit dated) at this thread: Google Calendar does not sync - #41 by jovirkku

Finally, this may be a duplicate of this:
Google calendar doesn't sync automatically which is known and tracked by Jolla for 4.4+

Cheers! I was trying to find related topics before I posted this, but couldn’t find any. Will check the other links and try to scrounge up the required logs

I don’t think this is a duplicate of the automatic sync failure. That particular bug has been there as long as I’ve been actively using google calendar (several years, probably from around SFOS 3.0). What happened now is the calendar stopped syncing in one direction entirely. It could be related, though.

The one-way nature of the sync does make this look a little different to the other bug, so I’ve created a new internal report about this one and tagged it as “tracked”. If there are updates to share on it I’ll do my best to post them here.