Galaxy S9 Snapdragon Porting/Maybe a GSI?

So, i have a Unlocked Galaxy S9 on Verizon (no SIM.) i’m currently running LineageOS on it. is there possibly a way i could install Sailfish/Ubuntu touch on it?

AFAIK there is currently no port for it.

But if Lineage runs on it there’s a chance that SFOS can too, if someone makes a port.

Which is a non-trivial task.

(I also have an S9/starlte. Would be nice. Also I expect there’s a bunch of them out there, it was a good and popular device.)

Seeing as there’s already a linux 4.x kernel for the starlte/any snapdragon S9, i feel like part of the HADK is already done…? GitHub - droidian-devices/linux-android-samsung-starqlte: Linux kernel source for Samsung Galaxy S9, with packaging

also, i’m willing to try to port it. is there anything i should know/any good guides out there?

The link: https://docs.sailfishos.org/Develop/HW_Adaptation

I think there’s a droidian port for starqlte;) might wanna try that first

2 Likes

I’m trying that out now.

2 Likes

it worked! thank you!

Great - now you have very high chances of adapting SFOS. The droidian kernel most probably resembles the Ubuntu/ubports one, with AppArmor instead of selinux and you have to back out those changes. Following HADK with this knowledge and looking for solutions of what works in the droidian repo should be a better start for you than someone porting the first time on a new device, but patience and writing on #sailfishos-porters (and keeping logs!) is still needed.

1 Like

That’s the Exynos one, right? Same here, still on my large-ish todo list. Drodian above is not easy to find for it either (was at one point existing). I may or may not get to this :frowning: