Flashing Xperia X

Hi all. I need an advice.
I have my Xperia X few years now with SFOS.
I once reset to factory defaults, but SFOS has downgraded to first version I flashed few years ago and then I had to update maybe 6 versions up to have current one. How can I flash my favourite version?
purpose is that when I will have to factory reset sometimes in the future, I want to avoid updating through X versions until my favourite is installed.

Hey,
this is one thing that i also donā€™t like. I remember that Jolla was talking of stop releases, what i understood as in case of a reset, this will be the version you fall back to. But at least for me, i am always falling back to the version i onced installed on the device and that is also stored on the device. You could flash your device with a newer version but that a bit more tricky then installing 6 SFOS releases :slight_smile:

That is not correct. Stop releases are the only releases you must use for updates to back to latest. You fall back to ā€˜once installedā€™ because ā€œreset to factory defaultsā€ uses image from recovery partition that is created only during flashing device.
How to flash favourite version? Simple flash your favourite version every time you want to reset your device.

4 Likes