[Fixed]Servers down? Newly installed Sailfish OS 4.4.068 paid license - Cannot install ANY app

Works for me as well. Thank you for the fast fix.

I recommend Aurora Store for Android programs, it has the advantages of the Play store without being the Play store.

3 Likes

Hmm, i recall there was some problem with trying to install Android apps from store before the actual Android support… they might have to be purged somehow. I don’t have time to find it now, but just a heads-up.

Issue not entirely resolved, apparently its affecting the apps of paid Sailfish X like predictive text input and enabling Android support

That works for me now (tried reinstalling Exchange support). So either it got solved, or it is an issue with your account (in which case you should contact support).

Good morning.
For me all problems are solved.
I guess I just had an unlucky timing when installing Sailfish OS for the first time :slight_smile: Thanks to everyone spending their time trying to help me.

4 Likes

I get the same problem, after a fresh install on a 10III, I can’t install anything from the store, when I try to make a “pkcon refresh” I get the following message:

No permission access for :

https://releases.jolla.com/releases/4.4.0.72/jolla-hw/adaptation-common/aarch64/repodata/repomd.xml

1 Like

Confirmed.

Has been happening since at least 2022-11-21.

2 Likes

Judging from my installs on the weekend, it started earlier, perhaps Sunday.

The issue should be fixed now.

1 Like

looks like the one who tried to install google play services with sailgapps script are having this problem, and jolla banned those users,

Not a chance. Don’t make stuff up.

2 Likes

now magically, everything can be installed without problems. it is a mistery from the jolla cave :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is it possible that the issue I comment on here: Volla & Volla 22, WebView problem and irony of ironies

Could have been caused by issues with packages on the weekend (Sunday)? It’s very odd that two different base images have the same issue?

Of course, everything is always possible, especially when we are talking about software. But I doubt it. More likely it’s some change on the page you are viewing.

Nope. I’m testing with a xperia 10ii also side by side. It’s just the newly installed devices. allthenews, tidings, harbour-dwd, all have webviews that look like desktop rendering. all the same apps, checking the sames sites are fine on the 10ii. Very strange.

Hmm, also very strange. I used Kactus for a while and it all worked perfectly with the webview of news items rendered perfectly in mobile form. Then something happened (and this may be entirely coincidental, but it was about the same time I installed Yottagram) and now the webview in Kactus only renders pages in desktop format, and nothing I do (re-instalation of app, deleting all cache, data, settings, config, deleting Yottagram, etc) changes this. I thought this may have been a bug in Kactus, but now …

I also get the same scrolling issue with half the screen going black. X10 III with .72

Yes, I installed a lot of apps including Android Support. Now, after visiting a bunch of shops with my wife, I will try to install some Android apps… Many thank’s.

It’s a community adaptation thing. I have a, sadly smashed up, oddity where, I did an incomplete update to .72 (zypper up instead of dup!) and on that device the webviews work as they should … ah, the delights of debugging!