Files not getting stored? ... Picross 2 and possibly other apps as well reset back to a blank slate

Why is it that my progress (solved puzzles) resets back to zero after closing the app and relaunching it at a later time? I remember this was not the case on the original Jolla. I am currently using Sony Xperia 10 III with a purchased Sailfish. What else do you need to know?

Picross 2 is an app from the Jolla store, developed and published by “direc” … is this you @direc85 ?

1 Like

It’s mentioned in the comments on app page. Has to do with sailjail… I wonder if it’s a file that is not getting auto-created that you could manually create…

It’s a known issue with new installs. I’ll try to take the time to fix it later today. Thanks for pinging, though :slight_smile:

Thank you for not taking offense. I am new to all of this and I still don’t know what protocol says at times : )

I’m afraid I don’t know what that is but good to know : ) and I wouldn’t know yet how to even go about a thing like that @Levone1

And it’s fixed, compiled, updated to OpenRepos, queued to Jolla Store, and GitHub repo is again up-to-date (git shenanigans)!

I am the same direc, but I created my Jolla account without the numbers. Why? I wish I knew :stuck_out_tongue:

There’s nothing wrong or bad about politely asking about a problem! Furthermore, I noticed the issue a few days back on my Xperia 10 III - congrats on your device of choice btw - but I just hadn’t had the time to fix it up yet. But now it’s done :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I had one particular puzzle lock up. It will load the title but not the progress of my puzzle. All others load fine. Just don’t want to lose my progress. Thank you for your work, love this app!

What puzzle is that?

Run Forrest, run! (Expert #4)

1 Like

@svalmont wow, you must be fantastic at the game … I’ve recently finally beaten “medium” puzzles : )

and @direc85 … not sure if it is possible or not but I thought it’d be interesting if we could rotate the playing field or e.g. later see already unlocked pictures in a gallery or something maybe?

Rotating the play field sounds like a nice idea! The gamepad buttons should also work fine with that, I just need to figure out the layout (it’s not that trivial IIRC). Having a gallery view, or at least being able to show the completed puzzle is also a nice idea? Care to make an issue about them to GitHub? :slight_smile: