File Browser support and feedback thread

Are you running version 2.5.1 from OpenRepos? If not, I suggest you should update to this version and try again.

Indeed. It was 2.50. Thanks.

With SFOS 4.4 the File Browser can´t install Android-APKs manually

Do you have FileBrowser 2.5.1-1 yet? I checked on my Xperia 10 right now and in File browser, going to the directory where the .apk is, click on the .apk file, information window with type, size, rights, owner, group… opens.

There pull down, is there no install option?

1 Like

Where to get it?

Sailfish Store → 2.5.0
Storeman → 2.5.0-1
Chum → Not listed

Storeman, File browser 2.5.1-1 by Ichtyosaurus from 30.3.2022 .

There is written ‘swipe to right to access global settings’, but this doesn’t work in FB 2.5.1.-1. With swipe to right i access simply the upper dir, but there are no global settings. How can I access global settings?

edit: found general settings and disabled individual settings for each folder. Problem is solved.

It should be ‘tap right’ and not ‘swipe right’.

1 Like

Is there an option to allow the File Browser to access all folders ?
For example I tried to access a log I stored in ~/Desktop/, and I’m able to open the folder, but I don’t see anything inside (file has normal ownership/permissions, same as Desktop/). As I understand, it could be SailJail who is not authorizing access to content of this folder. I know this folder in particular have no use, so it’s normal to disable it’s access in general, but wouldn’t it be useful for a file browser to at least be able to read such folders ?

1 Like

It depends of what File Browser version you have.

1. The version from Jolla Store is restricted by SailJail. You can’t see all files with it.

2. The version from the link in post #27 is open and you can see all files.

3. In pulley menu / Viewing settings (Ansichtseinstellungen) you can enable ‘view hidden files’ to get listed all files, the ones beginning with a dot, too.

3 Likes

So any app in Jolla Store has to use SailJail, and there is no way to get an all folders permission in SailJail (I have seen permissions about a bunch of folder, but for example nothing that would allow ~/Desktop/ access) am I right ?
So a “complete” File Browser can only be found in openrepos/chum, that makes sense.
Thanks for the link !

2 Likes

I improved the hints to be less confusing now :).

Exactly; I’m working on a way to detect if the app is running in the jail so it can show a warning / explanation. Until then, I just hope people find this thread or notice the hint in the app description.

And thank you @Seven.of.nine for answering the questions! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

File Browser is a very very fine and beautiful app! Thank you so much @ichthyosaurus !

2 Likes