Feedback on Xperia 10 V

This thread is for observations about the Xperia 10 V with Sailfish OS 4.6.0.15.

In case of clear bugs let’s report them in the category of Bug reports.

13 Likes

Xperia 10 V (XQ-DC54) bought new and used as daily device on Android 14 without any problem. No problem for installing SFOS.

• Bluetooth: can’t activate it if no sim card inserted
  • audio recorder: no input from mic. No microphone detected by CSD
  • Why install meteo app by default while it does not work?
  • I tried a voicecall: microphone works ok with or without Volte
  • location with gps only works great: fix in less than 30s while inside
  • standard imap mail ok
  • caldav and carddav ok

I’m looking forward to the licensed version

6 Likes

i can produce a funny situation^^

1 Like

Installation of beta Image was flawless.
GPS works really good in the few tests I have done, and hey, there is no loss of audio like I have on the Xperia10 iii. :partying_face:
The flashlight (as torch, not for camera) does not work. I am not aware that I read about this before, so it cane unexpected for me.
Bluetooth connection to audio devices works sometimes, and on other occasions no connection can be established.
I am under the impression that mobile data stops working frequently. :thinking: Will continue to observe this and report here

1 Like

I also found mobile data stops working frequently. I get the impression it is location based. As if I can use data through one cell tower, but not another. No clue if that is even a thing that could be true, but I’ll toss it up anyway.
Of course I turned on roaming.
Maybe, but I didn’t test it well enough, I get data back when I manually select network, even when it is the same as it automatically selected.

1 Like

I flashed my 10V. The process went great, no problems at all.
I use charge protection on my phone, to let it charge to 80% only. As I expected, but I didn’t find explicitly stated, when the battery indicator doesn’t work, it also doesn’t stop charging at 80%.
I don’t want the battery to degrade too soon, so I am using my XA2 as daily driver again until this is fixed.
In the period I did use my 10V, I found it really fast. With my dead 10II, I didn’t experience a delay between hitting a key or icon and the phone responding, but still the 10V seems faster.

Same here, manually selecting the identical mobile network from the settings reenables mobile network connectivity, at least for a while, then mobile Internet connection ist absent again. I will do more testing to get more specific infos about the potential stability issues of the mobile internet connection via SIM

Adfitionally, some apps requiring network connection can not load any content from the internet, even when using WLAN. Example is Hafenschau, a news reader for German public TV newsshow. It refuses to load any content and complains about missing internet connection. Other apps work as expected and the same Hafenschau app works flawlessly with Xperia 10 iii.

Please check if you have Hafenschau 0.9.9 installed, it is in a somehow weird state in chum and storeman. I had to select 0.9.9 using zypper in my 10 II to get the update to the working version. 0.9.8 and before will give you the missing internet connection message because the API had changed.

2 Likes

You are right man, it was my mistake, I installed with Chum, I generally prefer this route, but in this case I installed via Chum the outdated 0.9.8 version.
Thanks again Balta!!

1 Like

A very good advice. I had 0.9.7 and it could not show any news items. I downloaded 0.9.9 from OpenRepos. That started working on Xperia 10 V.

1 Like

I have troubles to enabling Bluetooth, similar to @phklrz. Sometimes it blinks and then just goes off when I try turning it on, but then 5 minutes later I can turn it on, very strange.

Also, when I plug in headphones, it never redirects the audio to it. Does anybody else experience this?

I would like to ask: Did you use the 10V before with Android?

I am asking because I have a brand new 10V sitting on my table. I did not use it with any google stuff. It has never seen my SIM card etc. The Sailfish installation note states one should make sure the phone actually works. I think it will but I wonder if there is something under the hood that will change the state of the phone (init some stuff that is done by Android what Sailfish could not do).

I’ve just tried with 2 different headphones (a JBL and a Sony) and Indeed sound isn’t redirected to the headphone.

Same here.
Bluetooth botton switch off and on like you described: sometimes it works, sometimes only blinking.
Audio routing to headphone jack does not work, but this was mentioned by rainemak somewhere already (some community meeting post). Bluetooth to headphone works (once the connection is established).
The mobile connection button behaves the same unreliable way as bluetooth when loosing internet connection

Thanks. Yes, Bluetooth audio works once Bluetooth works. I now just never turn it off, but sometimes it is turned off by itself? Rebooting also doesn’t seem to be a reliable fix for me.

I didn’t see that about the audio routing, and that unfortunately didn’t make it to the release notes.

Turning off is something I have NOT experienced until now. Once established, the bluetooth connection was rock solid.
Yes, unfortunatly this info was not in the release notes, but hey, we have a vibrant community to get informed :wink:
For me cable routing audio signals is important for listening flac files with high quality headphones

On my Xperis 10iii bt does not work after a restart. The workaround is to enable bluetooth and while the icon is blinking restart bt via Sailfish Utilities. If the restart process takes mote than 5 seconds, bluetooth works as expected until a reboot. Maybe this works on 10v too?

1 Like

Yes i have a similar workaround on the 10v

Installed without problem thanks once I realised that the “blue” / “green” light is on the left not right as in previous Xperia and is a screen “star” display item rather than an LED light on the right hand side (duh). Some comments / feedback

I have a UK SIM from SMARTY (a brand of Three.co.uk) The Data Access Point shown on installation referred to Three.co.uk rather than SMARTY and the access point was that of three.co.uk rather than the SMARTY access point of mob.asm.net The setting can be edited manually however. (does the file with access point data / network settings need updating?)

I also notice that sometimes on a restart, the handset /seems/ to boot more successfully with power connected.

Overall the Xperia 10 V seems to perform OK accepting the notified issues. (I confirm that the flashlite doesn’t work)

NB Storeman App now shows a Network error but this seems to be a server side certificate issue with Openrepos.net not the Xperia 10 V.