Feedback on Jolla C2

Yes, I have also noticed that App Support crashes from time to time. A coming update will probably fix this as well.

We all beta testers as we always were
Let’s hope that all the bugs familiar or not can be fixed easily compared to sony devices.

4 Likes

Beta, sure. My point is that C2’s hardware adaptation doesn’t seem to be any better than that of the Xperias.

Remember C2 is advertised as a reference design, “Sailfish OS as it’s meant to be”.

2 Likes

I have confidence that it will be.

8 Likes

Upon boot-up, the battery was empty. Before completing defining a PIN, the OS shut down. Rebooting works but the keypad with the numbers to set a PIN (As well as the keyboard icon on the upper left corner) is not reacting. That’s a bit unfortunate.

What to do ?

1 Like

Try to reboot your phone until it works. There is already a bug report: C2 screen doesn't respond first boot

1 Like

The C2 looks a bit chonky from that picture. It also seems that LUKS prompt got an UI overhaul. Neat.

1 Like

Problem solved and new problem is a show-stopper, see : C2 screen doesn't respond first boot. Ehm… I hope we can get somewhere an image of v5.0 to download so we can reflash.

Is it possible to restore a backup e.g. from Xperia 10 II Sauna 4.6.0.15 to Jolla C2?

It should be, but problem have now and then been reported. If so, you can unpack backup file and do it manually.

1 Like

It should be possible to boot into recovery and somehow undo the lvm volume creation for home so that wizard comes again on next boot.

I am still days away from getting the device but it is worth writing to support maybe you get official instructions how to do that.

1 Like

If your suggestion is indeed a valid one, I’d try right away ! But I’ll wait a bit before spending time for nothing.

I managed to boot up without any problems. I used 6 digits pin. Not either problems when connecting to wifi. Just when I went through the tutorial pages and the clock section I was asked to push the Media icon instead of the clock icon.

2 Likes

Woohoo, got mine today and seems very smooth.

Only thing is that the sim card slot won’t open when trying with the included stickmajig. After trying to veeery carefully get it open for about 15 minutes, I decided to continue with my good ol’ xperia 10 II. Made me appreciate this sim insertion mechanism on this device.

Will continue to tinker tomorrow in hopes of not sending the device back with such a minor inconvenience. Anyone else had issues where the sim slot won’t open?

3 Likes

Couple observations about C2 with a short 2 hour testing just using Wifi connection.

No double tap wake-up. :cry:
No notification light for missed calls, messages, mails :sob:
No start-up vibration, when pressing power button to turn phone on. :man_shrugging:
Texts and numbers get clipped from couple of places.

• When you tap the display and the shortcut icon row pop-up, the description texts are partially clipped by the display edge…
  • Same with developer tools, when you enable FPS counter. FPS numbers in the corners of the display get partially clipped away.

I could not get Openrepos Storeman client installed. It looks like installation goes fine, but app icon never appears to app grid.
Tried with: harbour-storeman-installer-2.2.6-release7.noarch.rpm

@Sepelius Tested SIM card tray and it opened normally for me. A bit tight, but opened before it broke :sweat_smile:

For this big of a phone, I find it a bit cumbersome that keypad for unlocking the device is positioned right at the bottom of device. Personally would feel that one hand operation would be more natural, if keypad were positioned a bit higher on display. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I think when mine arrives I will probably do the same. Park it to one side until some of the bugs are ironed out. Thank you to those that are using theirs and reporting back!

Meantime as an interim I have a Nokia N9 arriving tomorrow…Anyone remember those?

https://buy.jolla-devices.com/product/nokia-n9/

4 Likes

Of course. The best device that Nokia ever created

6 Likes

Amen brother. In Cyan.

Sure, the N9 was such a great device, loved it immensely as my nick suggests

1 Like

Please, don´t make me cry. I still have my N9 and start it from time to time to remember the good old times.
It´s a shame what happened…

3 Likes