REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 188.8.131.52
HARDWARE (XA2, Xperia 10…): XA2
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): Yes
In the people App, if you mark a contact as a ‘Favourite’ by clicking on the star icon it should put that contact at the top of the list, along with the contact’s picture if there is one (otherwise just the name appears).
(1) For certain random contacts this feature does not work. Selecting a contact as a favourite ‘fills in’ the star icon but does not display the contact in the Favourite list. If you go back to the contact that you previously selected as a favourite you find that the star icon is no longer selected. Repeating the exercise results in the same result.
(2) Other contacts are able to be selected as favourites but the favourite status does not persist after you’ve closed the people app down again. After re-starting the people app the selected contact no longer appears in the favourite list.
(3) Other contacts can be selected as a favourite and this does persist after the app has been closed down.
All the contacts (those in (1), (2) and (3) above) are synchronised to the same Exchange account (they are not local contacts) and there appears to be no pattern as to why some contacts can be selected as favourites and some cannot.
Contacts synchronised to an Exchange Account
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
- Open the People App
- Open a contact
- Select contact as favourite
- Close contact and go to favourites at the top of the contact list
- Contact does not appear as a favourite
- go back into contact - favourite status has been changed to ‘unset’
Contacts marked as ‘Favourite’ should appear at the top of the contacts list as favourites and should persist after the people app is closed.
Favourite status for a contact cannot be used and/or does not persist after the people app is closed down
(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)
This used to work reliably in SF3