Fast scroll in list of open browser tabs blanks list

REPRODUCIBILITY: 100%
OS VERSION: 4.4.0.64
HARDWARE: Xperia 10 II - dual SIM
UI LANGUAGE: en
REGRESSION: yes (since browser re-design)

DESCRIPTION:

When having multiple tabs open, the fast scroll arrows can help reach the start or the end of tabs list. But when the user has a lot of tabs this action blanks the list and no tabs are longer visible.

PRECONDITIONS:

A lot (100+? - don’t judge me :grin:) of tabs open in the browser

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Go to open tabs list in browser
  2. Start scrolling to make the fast scroll arrows appear
  3. Tap one of the arrows to scroll to start/end of the list

EXPECTED RESULT:

The start/end of the list, with available tabs, is shown.

ACTUAL RESULT:

The list is blanked and no tabs are shown.

MODIFICATIONS:

Patchmanager with “Right side broken swipe patch” installed.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

If the user manually scrolls to the end of the list everything works as expected.

I don’t have any modifications, and I see the same thing from time to time. For me it doesn’t seem to depend on the number of tabs, I have a feeling it may rather have something to do with the zoom level on one of the tabs.
Btw if you scroll past the blackness (takes a while) the scrollbar and tabs will snap back to normal. (until the next fast scroll action)

Oh, I see. If I scroll back to where I started fast-scroll it snaps to the end where it was supposed to go with the fast scroll.

I’m pretty sure I don’t have any zoomed pages, so I don’t think zoom level triggers it for me. Maybe it depends on number of tabs or zoom level, or something else memory intense.

Because of frequent crashes of the browser (once a day, or more) I launched it from a terminal. When the described problem occurred I could read a lot of the following messages in the terminal:

[W] unknown:139 - file:///usr/share/sailfish-browser/pages/components/TabItem.qml:139:13: QML Image: Cannot open: file: ///home/nemo/.cache/org.sailfishos/browser/tab-534-thumb.jpg
[W] unknown:139 - file:///usr/share/sailfish-browser/pages/components/TabItem.qml:139:13: QML Image: Cannot open: file: ///home/nemo/.cache/org.sailfishos/browser/tab-376-thumb.jpg
[W] unknown:139 - file:///usr/share/sailfish-browser/pages/components/TabItem.qml:139:13: QML Image: Cannot open: file: ///home/nemo/.cache/org.sailfishos/browser/tab-373-thumb.jpg
[W] unknown:139 - file:///usr/share/sailfish-browser/pages/components/TabItem.qml:139:13: QML Image: Cannot open: file: ///home/nemo/.cache/org.sailfishos/browser/tab-403-thumb.jpg

I guess there’s an issue with tab image cache.