Exchange calendar not synchronizing on Xperia 10 II

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): always
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.1.0
HARDWARE (XA2, X10, X10 II, …): X10 II
UI LANGUAGE:
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): Yes

DESCRIPTION: the exchange calendar synchronization is not working on Sony Xperia 10 II

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Configure Exchange account (regular exchange and not O365)
  2. Launch synchronization
  3. activate calendar sync

EXPECTED RESULT:

• Emails synchronize
  • Exchange calendar visible in “Manager calendars” menu
  • Calendar events synchronize

ACTUAL RESULT:

• Emails synchronize
  • Exchange calendar is visible in “Manager calendars” menu
  • Calendar events do NOT synchronize on device

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Tried created a calendar event on Exchange calendar from the device to trigger sync. Event is not sent to server.

The calendar is not synchronizing, but only the events that were recently updated are coming through. For example, an event scheduled on 25/09/2021 which was created in the agenda this summer did not synchronize. I updated the event an hour ago on the Exchange server, and now it did synchronize on the Xperia 10 II.

the same by me on a 10ii :frowning: any quickfixes? Only one time by the first connection to O365 it sync events…

My solution is let the Emailapp open and sync in this app + wait and the calendar is updated :slight_smile:

@guillaume.lanternier What are the synchronisation settings do you have in place?

We’ve had a number of changes made to the Exchange and Calendar stacks since this was reported for 4.1.0, so it would be really helpful to know whether this is still happening on Sailfish OS 4.4.0.68. @guillaume.lanternier, @rdomschk, do you still experience this with the latest release?

Hello,

In fact what happened is the following:

• The calendar initial sync did not work (the full update failed probably because some event in the calendar was blocking the sync)
  • The following delta updates worked

This means that every time I did a modification to an existing event / created a new event, it synchronized as expected to the phone. As time went by all my events got to my phone.

The issue occurred only with a calendar in particular.

To see if the issue still occurs, I would have to erase all my calendar and restart a synchronisation from scratch. Since I have only 1 phone and I use for work, I am a bit relunctant to try this out.

Regards.

Guillaume