Error in documentation for DBUS API

DESCRIPTION:

Spelling error in title header and command;

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

List activeable D-Bus services: // activeable ?

dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=org.freedesktop.DBus /org/freedesktop/DBus org.freedesktop.DBus.LisActivatableNames

RESULT

When pasted the command is unrecognised. Output is:

Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: org.freedesktop.DBus does not understand message LisActivatableNames

The t is missing from ListActivatableNames

Documentation sources are now hosted on GitHub. On docs.sailfishos.org there is a small link at the bottom of each page redirecting to the source file. As it was faster to directly edit myself, I did a PR mentioning your post.

4 Likes

Thanks for the tip. I hadn’t considered editing it myself, as a result, I never noticed the link to GitHub. In future I will make a PR.

1 Like

Thanks @Edz for highlighting this, and @pherjung for fixing it. Since the PR is now merged in, I’ve tagged it as “fixed”.

I created my github account years ago but never really used it. AS a result, I no longer have access to that original account, mainly as it used an email address I can no longer access (defunkt domain).

I’ve noticed there is still an error, albeit a minor spelling mistake (not important I suppose) but in my mind, it always looks more professional when not littered with mistakes.

The header “List activeable D-Bus services:” ~ activeable?, which I did include in my original post, but it seems pherjung missed it. I’ve no desire to use github and so I’m reluctant to open a new account.

Sorry, I don’t get it. Do you mean header should be:

List of activeable D-Bus services

No. It should be “Activatable”, not activeable