OS VERSION:
the current one from the download page
HARDWARE:
Xperia 10 III
UI LANGUAGE:
I think I chose English UK
REGRESSION:

DESCRIPTION:

I flashed the phone yesterday in the late evening following the installation guide. IIRC the only thing it for asked was language, after that the encryption message showed up “Encrypting user data, please wait”. With short press of the power button one can disable the screen, so wait I did… today in the morning the message is still there! Suprisingly the phone did not discharge either.
What should I do? just restart the phone, or should I reflash it?

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. get the new Xperia 10 III (the hardest part)
  2. flash it with SFOS following the installation guide
  3. boot it up

I rebooted the phone and it asks “Enter security code” …but I never chose any. Back to flashing

The very same has just happened to me on newly bought X-10-III. Stuck on the “Encrypting user data” screen, after reboot asking for security code while none was ever entered.

Reflashing. Let’s see if it helps.

After reflashing everything went OK, i.e. the “Encrypting user data” view disappeared after a few seconds and I was normally asked to enter a new security code.

P.S. In both cases, after flashing I had to exit the fastboot mode using fastboot reboot.

on a second try (after flashing again) the problem went away for me too

Can I ask you to complete your bug report? I have no idea what the latest version is that you have installed.

I had the same problem today on my Sony Xperia 10 III, but after restart I entered a default code and it enabled me to then carry on with the setup.

So no need to reflash.

Might be worth adding the default code and a note for this issue in the instructions.

Same here.

Android was on version 12. I downloaded both SW_binaries_for_Xperia_Android_11_4.19_v9a_lena.img and SW_binaries_for_Xperia_Android_12_4.19_v3a_lena.img. But the flash.sh is only interested in images ending with v9a_lena.img (flash-config.sh) so it was flashing the Android 11 version.

I choose German as language.

Full version of the downloaded zip file is Sailfish_OS-Jolla-4.4.0.72-xqbt52-1.0.0.176

Do you need any further information @pherjung ? I haven’t restarted yet but I don’t assume there is a way to get logs or debug output

What do you mean by default code @j_sarkari ? Edit: all 0

It may be worth to check if you’re able to retrieve some logs. I doubt as persistent logs aren’t saved.

1 Like