Enable shut down on Xperia 10 - bugfix

Still the same on 4.1.0

2 Likes

I am unable to remove SD card from phone as I cannot shut it down.
Help, what can I do.

Xperia 10 Plus Dual SIM
SFOS 4.1.024 (Kvarken).

Did you try the apozaf’s workaround:

In Settings - Storage: press and hold the memory card and you get a context menu with unmount, then you can remove sd card

No I didn’t. When do I exactly need to press the buttons? During the device is booting or when system is running? SD card cannot be removed without removing SIM card, so the device should be shut down when SD card is going to be removed.

And the bug still remains. I’ll rest assured that my Xperia 10 Dual SIM will not be around anymore when this bug is fixed. Sorry if I hurt someone’s feelings but I have a commercial version of SailfishX on a phone that is told to be compatible. It’s so frustrating and sad.

2 Likes

Yeah, I bought phone exclusively for Sailfish, unlocked bootloader and now I have this. Wasted money. No support at all. Bugs are known, but aren’t adressed.

Not a problem for me on Xperia 10 ii (sfos 4.3)

I note the following; when the phone is powered off, pressing the power button briefly results in a single flash of GREEN from the notification LED, but the device is certainly ‘off’. I did this around 10 minutes ago, the device is still off.

1 Like

On my two devices following situation:

1st device: Xperia 10 Double SIM, SFOS 4.3.0.12, fresh flashed, Android support NOT installed:
Power down possible by long pressing the power button. device stays off.

2nd device: Xperia 10 Single SIM, SFOS 4.3.0.12, fresh flashed, Android support installed:
Whatever I do, device reboots after shutdown.

Can it be that this bug is related to Android support?

And what about pressing power and volume up, holding it, waiting for a single vibration, still holding, waiting for a triple vibration…and it should be powering down (red led stays on untill it’s completely off).
This works for my old 10plus - it never did a standard shutdown…so this was my workaround.

probably works for you too…

edit:
sorry…I did not read carefully…this was already mentioned earlier in this discussion.

3 Likes

I did as you wrote and it worked!!!
Phone stayed off. But after a minute or so, red LED flashed once for a very short time. After this, phone still stayed off and LED flashed no more.

5 minutes later: phone stays off, no more flashing LED

After power on again: Phone boots properly, everything is fine!

Thank you so much @tobset , you solved a big problem of mine!

Yes, but this is not healthy for your phone at all, it is like unplugging it. Definitely not a solution. Maybe workaround for a while.

2 Likes

Probably…but it helps powering down at all - once in a while.

1 Like

Thank you for the warning! So I’ll better not power down the phone this way if not absolute necessary.

Source? Motivation?
I can’t imagine you being at risk for data corruption if it is still encrypted (pre unlock) - and up until that point of the boot process things are very non-volatile.

Exactly,
this may cause ( severe ) file system problems, as phone is not shut down properly but power supply cut.

I would ansolutely not call this a solution but an akward workaround (which you should not use often)…

1 Like

Only possible way is to power down.and wait for boot up and then in the early boit phade cut off power again.

Yes. 'Nice solution’

1 Like

After some very basic testing, it seems like it is even enough to just hold Vol-Up during a soft shutdown process (ad a bit extra for good measure).

1 Like

Yes, that works fine!

1. press power button for abt. 2 seconds until power off screen appears
  2. tap on power button on screen
  3. immediately press and hold vol up button until device is off

works, and device stays off. Thanks very much @attah !

3 Likes