Emulator window problem

I try to use Emulator for viewing/devving my app graphics in detail, but the lag itself makes it a PITA to use, now I have the problem where the emulator does not fit the emulator window correctly. It is just about usable but would be nice if it displayed itself fully, as per settings, the lag I can try to ignore.

Current SDK is 3.10.4 - I’m certain this was not a problem with the previous SDK,

I also realise that my monitor is 1920w X 1080h, so I guess the 1:2 scaling is not enough, or too much??

Note: no drag bar on right side

Note: no drag bar on right side

1 Like

I believe that indeed is your issue. On a 1080p monitor you can only display emulator for a device with 2160p resolution (with 1:2 scale down ratio). And as the window decoration also takes some space, not even that. I suggest you select Xperia XA2 Ultra, or some other device with smaller display, as the emulated device.

1 Like

Thanks @vige for replying, but as mentioned, this was not a problem on the previous SDK on the same monitors, nonetheless, I appreciate what you are saying and it does make sense, but does not explain how I had the drag bar on emulator with the previous SDK (before 3.10.4).

EDIT:
I’m currently trying (as I type) setting Emulator to XA2 Ultra…and indeed, this at least fits on my monitor now, time to play!

That’s related to the changes we had to do in order to cope with changes in recent VirtualBox versions. In order to fully control the window size, we had to hide the menu and status bars, which has a side effect of hiding the drag bar as well.

1 Like