Empty Browser Cover on Homescreen (since 4.3)

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): since 4.2.0
HARDWARE (XA2, X10, X10 II, …): Xperia X10ii
UI LANGUAGE: German
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): Yes

DESCRIPTION:

Since Browser redesign with Version 4.2 (Verla), the Browser cover on Homescreen stays empty when simply leaving the Browser with side-swipe

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Open Browser
  2. Open Web Page
  3. Leave Browser with Side Swipe

EXPECTED RESULT:

Browser cover on Homescreen shows Picture of last visited Website

ACTUAL RESULT:

Browser Cover is empty (to be exact it shows the Browser Icon and “Einen neuen Tab erstellen” (“Create new Tab”)

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Workaround: Browser Cover appears when changing from webpage to Tab Overview before leaving the browser.

So it seams like the picture for Browser Cover is now taken from the picture of the website which is shown in the Tab Overview. If not using Tab Overview, it is not created and then missing in the App Cover on Homescreen.

I admit this does not affect functionality but only aesthetics but i think the OS should not be inconsistent like it is in this case.

1 Like

Just found out my bug report was inprecise:
This only happens when opening a private tab and then leaving browser to homescreen with sideswipe.

It does not happen from non-private mode, or once a secound private tab was opened.

Hmm, no cover showing for private tabs sounds a bit like a feature. But i have seen this too, and definitely in normal mode… perhaps after having been in private mode - hard to know - i keep the browser running for weeks.