Email account title in email folders view

For example, I have multiple accounts using the Jolla Email app. Sometimes, while inside the folders view, I forget which account I am looking in, so I thought it would be helpful to have the account name showing instead of the word ‘Folders’.

Perhaps if there is only one account, then ‘Folders’ can remain as the header title.

Line 42:

/usr/share/jolla-email/pages/FolderListPage.qml

Change the title text from;

title: qsTrId("jolla-email-he-folder_list_title")

Change the title text to;

title: mailAccountListModel.displayNameFromAccountId(accountKey)

Far more useful than “Folders”, nice.

1 Like

“Why not both?” I think adding it as description: might be even better.

Yeah, why not! :slight_smile:

20 chars

1 Like

Very nice idea!

I used descriptions and added it to the Inbox view as well. Doesn’t look perfect but good enough.

diff -Naur /usr/share/jolla-email/pages/FolderListPage.qml /usr/share/jolla-email/pages/FolderListPage.qml
--- /usr/share/jolla-email/pages/FolderListPage.qml     2021-09-03 07:52:29.142827654 +0200
+++ /usr/share/jolla-email/pages/FolderListPage.qml     2021-09-03 08:20:09.181136445 +0200
@@ -40,6 +40,7 @@
             //: Folder List page title
             //% "Folders"
             title: qsTrId("jolla-email-he-folder_list_title")
+            description: mailAccountListModel.displayNameFromAccountId(accountKey)
         }

delegate: FolderItem {
diff -Naur /usr/share/jolla-email/pages/MessageListView.qml /usr/share/jolla-email/pages/MessageListView.qml
--- /usr/share/jolla-email/pages/MessageListView.qml    2021-09-03 08:01:19.761162937 +0200
+++ /usr/share/jolla-email/pages/MessageListView.qml    2021-09-03 08:19:50.386020485 +0200
@@ -72,6 +72,7 @@
                     //% "Updating..."
                     ? qsTrId("jolla-email-he-updating")
                     : Utils.standardFolderName(folder.folderType, folder.displayName)
+        description: mailAccountListModel.displayNameFromAccountId(accountId)
         count: messageListView.updating ? 0 : folder.folderUnreadCount
         errorText: messageListView.errorOccurred ? messageListView.lastErrorText : ""

@Edz are you planning on publishing that on PM Web Catalog (or as an RPM)? If not I can do that, its trivial enough but I don’t want to claim your ideas.

1 Like

No, @nephros, you can do what you like with the code, no problem.

Done! :slight_smile:

https://coderus.openrepos.net/pm2/project/patch-email-headers

2 Likes

Thanks for the mention :slight_smile: