BUILD ID = 18.104.22.168 (Settings > About product): pallas-yllästunturi
UI LANGUAGE: german
REGRESSION: Yes; prev. version showed same problem
compose mail with build in e-mail-client.
(1) device is rotated (anticlockwise) by 90 degree - screen is been updated - works well.
(2) when rotated backwards - screen shows the background image and mail-client dies with “waiting for application error”.
(3) when restarting mail-client drafts are gone. basically restart writing text again.
sometimes even small amounts of turning movements are enough to trigger this.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
- start application e-mail
- start composing mail (holding device upright)
- turn device (into landscape mode)
- turn device backwards (into portrait mode)
- screen will not be updated; application dies.
- when dying - composed text should be cached
- any rotation or movement of the device should not kill running applications
this problem was visible in the official predecessor of 22.214.171.124 as well.
there are no logs; screenshot does not work while claiming a violation of permissions