Dual-sim no coverage

I have a XA2 dual SIM with Dutch and German SIM cards. When I insert both cards, I can not call with the Dutch SIM “geen netwerkdekking” (no coverage?). It used to work fine, but stopped working somewhere last year.

Both cards work fine in both slots when I insert only one of them. So it doesn’t seem to be a hardware problem. I also tried switching SIM 1 and 2, but to no avail. For what it’s worth, after restarting the phone and unlocking both SIMs, they both light up for a couple of seconds until the Dutch one greys out…

Try to remove the SIM PIN code.

Thanks Tomic. I’m not sure I understand what you mean. After restarting the phone I unlocked both SIM cards with their respective PIN codes, without problems…

Only one of the sim cards runs 4g, so the problem might be your provider shut 3g down…

Settings => Security => PIN code

Interesting, didn’t know you could remove it! Unfortunately it doesn’t help

Update: after trying the same thing over and over again (taking the SIM cards in and out and restarting), suddenly they both worked yesterday. Then the phone shut down and now it’s the same issue again. Could it be a hardware problem after all?

Thanks Mankir. Yesterday both cards suddenly worked, so this doesn’t seem to be the issue