Hi all, a quick question from someone who has ignored VoLTE until now:
My setup until now has been:
- Dual SIM phone
- SIM1: Voice, prefer 2G
- SIM2: Data, use for mobile data, prefer 4G (or 3G)
The second sim has a different Plan, unlimited and cheaper mobile data but more expensive calling (and nobody knows that phone number).
Now my provider has also announced the death of 3G, and sent me a text to enable VoLTE/4G.
- VoLTE only works while Mobile Data is enabled, correct?
- VoLTE under SailfishOS always chooses the connection of the SIM that is set to mobile data, correct?
- Therefore, it is not possible to keep my current setup pf phone service on one SIM, data on the other?
3.1 … or is ist possible to have SIM1 call via VoLTE over the data connection of SIM2?
- What about Wifi? If VoLTE is enabled and working, what happens if Wifi is switched on, and mobile data off? Will I still be reachable by phone?
Thanks for any insights into this.