Disappearing avatars when synced with nextcloud

REPRODUCIBILITY: 75% (often)
OSVERSION: 4.4.0.72
HARDWARE: Volla Phone - yggdrasil - yggdrasil - 0.0.1+hybris.17.20210903220301.4.gbf25067.4 - aarch64
UI LANGUAGE: English (US) (user: en_US, os: en_US.utf8)
REGRESSION: is there since a long time

DESCRIPTION:

Avatars tend to disappear in phone and people app
When in edit mode, you see there is some image (place holder) but it is not visible
I experienced that on all of my prev devices, with owncloud and now nexcloud account
I have to have the image on the device and select it there.

at some point in time i thought it would be the file format.
but i think it is due to local existence of file or not. could be something like the ambience problem ?

PRECONDITIONS:

Nextcloud account is needed

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Have owncload / nextclozd account
  2. Assign some images
  3. Sync to device

EXPECTED RESULTS:

Visible images

ACTUAL RESULTS:

Invisible images

MODIFICATIONS:

• Patchmanager: yes
  • OpenRepos: yes
  • Chum: yes
  • Other: none specified

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Device Owner User: defaultuser
Home Encryption: not supported

the initial version of this bug report was created using Bugger 0.9.9+git1
1 Like

Same here. Wanted to report this too. Glad that you had already done it.

I want to add my experiences.

Device X10III 4.4.0.72
No patches
Nextcloud account added and contacts set to sync.

At some point all avatars just vanished, was it maybe when update 4.4.0.58 was introduced? Sorry, cant remember… just Im pretty sure it was when updated…

When I go to People app, then some of the avatars are there, but not all. If I go to contacts via Phone app, then avatars are not there, not one single.

Furthermore editing contacts’ avatars is broken somehow. Selection option doesnt appear always.
When it does and I select the option “Select drom gallery” (via Phone app’s contacts with invisible avatars), I get only blank page without photos when I’d want to select a picture. Nothing there, just backward selection to the left.

And the pull down menu is weird too; there is sometimes two empty lines between “Select from gallery” and “Remove avatar”. Sometimes “Remove avatar” “drops” outside of the pulley menu field.

The behaviour in general is quite inconsistent, most of the time I’m not allowed to select where the contact should be saved via respective pulley menu.

I just disabled contact sync from Nextcloud account, but selection of the contact’s save place is still erratic I would say and varies between contacts.

Only way to get avatars stay on contacts what I’ve found is that I need to remove it and re-enter it to phone’s memory.
Yes, doesn’t solve syncing at all though…