Disable LED notification if Do Not Disturb is enabled

It might be interesting to also disable LED notifications if Do Not Disturb is enabled. Or perhaps add another option to let the user decide.

While it would be consistent, i also can’t see how it matters. Not actively looking at the phone is easy enough… (Not listening to or feeling it might be slightly harder) What is your use-case or motivation?

1 Like

Mainly not being pulled in and especially not being interrupted :slight_smile:
I’m well aware that turning the screen over is enough to keep it out of my line of sight, and I think I’ll get into the habit quicker than waiting for this feature to be added.

Still, it’s worth debating whether this feature is worthwhile. To keep the function Do Not Disturb coherent, I think it makes sense to disable LED notifications too.

2 Likes

Ok, this topic should help me to include this feature by myself: Idea to improve fingerprint sensor experience on X10 III - #19 by JacekJagosz

All patterns seems to be listed here: https://github.com/sailfishos/mce/blob/6e94849a8bd969a4ff0fd54f131a6fa170db0d82/mce.h

Which interest me looks like:

PatternCommunicationCall
PatternCommonNotification
PatternCommunicationEmail
PatternCommunicationIM
PatternCommunicationSMS

Next step will be to develop a nice trigger to disable it if DND is enabled and enabled them again once DND is disabled :slight_smile:

1 Like

I guess with the upcoming move to xperia 10 v this would be obsolete anyways, since there is no LED to be deactivated

I’ll try to use this comment to write my improvements. I’d like to integrate correctly and add a simple toggle in the settings page.

The file I’ll need to patch is /usr/share/jolla-settings/pages/sounds/SoundsPage.qml.

I’m not sure if it’s the right path, but if I’d like to change the settings from SoundsPage.qml should I use D-Bus?

1 Like

Here’s an example how to listen on and call the mce dbus interface:

It has a method called req_led_disable() and a corresponding signal.

I’m not sure what exactly DnD does and whether toggling it triggers a signal somewhere (maybe com.nokia.profiled) but it’s a start.

2 Likes