Detected update 4.3.0.15!

Is this confirmed by anyone else? It could be, I’m not sure myself haha not a drastic change for sure ;-p

There are no such changes, you are imagining things. (or you were overdue a reboot)

4 Likes

I’m back on Android, will wait a bit before jumping back into the ship with this update. Need a bit of SFOS detox :joy:

I had not rebooted the device for weeks, because it always worked fine. So in the future I will simply reboot if the browser gets slow,

Just Updated and no issues with Xperia 10 II. looking forward to 4.4 now :nerd_face:

3 Likes

So this update shouldn’t be skipped before 4.4 is coming?

For me, the only reason to reboot is usually an update. The longer the updates take to be released, the longer the uptime. 98 days at the moment, which translates directly to the EA release date of the 4.3 update…

1 Like

Wanted now to update my other phone (also X10), and updater asks me to deinstall gstreamer1.0-libav . Don’t know how to do this… Update now and will report what happens.

edit: at a first glance, it works. No problems. Thank you Jolla!

It is noted to be a stop release in your linked article.

2 Likes

You’ve just reminded me those beautiful times with the rock-stable BB10 BlackBerry Passport where I had uptimes measured in “many months” units, especially after BBRY stopped providing any updates, so there were no more reasons to reboot because of that :slight_smile: Hopefully SFOS will reach that state one day (I mean stability and reliability, not lack of updates :slight_smile: ).

3 Likes

There is a slight qtmozembed update and I know of two sites that started working, gitlab and my banks’s homebank.ro when logged in. Still surprised by this, need to dig the diff further

2 Likes

Not according to the changelog [Changelog] 4.3.0 Suomenlinna
(there is a separate one for .12 to .15)
How did you check?

I know, right?
An user on the telegram channel posts a snippet of version --dup and a comparison of my two devices. will post pic asap

Added.

sh#t… upgrade got stuck at 100% (showing logo and full upgrade bar)
how can i even reboot from this point? power button doesn’t do anything

A) This doesn’t show that the update causes this version change.
B) It does not in fact show SFOS versions at all.
C) At least the left device is a community port, so could be different by choice or circumstance.
D) Versions in the repo are like the first half of the number, not sure what the second denotes - but could even be no actual change.

But curious none the less.

I think the revision scheme A.B.C is

A is always 1
B is the revision of the OBS package
C is number of (re) builds on OBS within B, e.g. due to a dependency having been rebuilt.

2 Likes

It’s my port, I ~had~ have 4.3.0.12. the screenshot from alex on telegram was just

and rthat triggered me to check the previius version. Interstingly, the 4.2->4.3 CL shows 1.17.5, so I dont know whats going on.

I do test websites side by side to see if my port is not behind, this definitely changed now and didn’t before.
4.3.0.15 is not on OBS to check on the ported device.

1 Like

please wait abt. 1 hour if there really comes nothing more. If not, i read somewhere , long pressing vol up, vol dn + pwr button at the same time until phone reboots.

yep, power + btnUp did the trick. Rebooted successfully, everything seems fine.
thanks

3 Likes

On X10 / 4.3.0.15 it’s still not possible to turn off the phone . It immediately reboots . Does anyone know the reason for this ?