Deleting notes draft does not work

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 3.4.0.24, 4.0.1.48
HARDWARE (XA2, Xperia 10…): XA2
UI LANGUAGE: English
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): No

DESCRIPTION:

Selecting “delete” in the notes app for newly created notes (subsequently called “drafts”, as not yet saved/closed) does not cause the note to be deleted (or: the draft to be discarded), but it’s saved.

PRECONDITIONS:

None

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Open the notes app
  2. Either: Minimize it to home screen and tap tap the “+” quick action or use the top menu option “new note”
  3. Type something.
  4. Select top menu option “Delete”

EXPECTED RESULT:

Note (draft) is deleted.

ACTUAL RESULT:

Note is saved.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

2 Likes

This concerns Sailfish Notes app, doesn’t it?

I tried to write “draft” notes in the two ways mentioned here, several times, and in all cases after pulling down ‘Delete’, the remorse timer appeared and once elapsed, my writing disappeared.

So, deleting drafts worked 100% correctly for me.

This is XA2 with 4.0.1.48.

I wonder if a log would reveal something from your phone:

devel-su
journalctl -a > journal-draft-notes.txt

I can reproduce consistently on JollaC 4.0.1.45. There is nothing relevant in the journal after the messages that the application is launched and the DBus successfully activated the service ‘com.jolla.notes’.

I tried to run from CLI, using the Exec part of the desktop file. Here is the output:

[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ /usr/bin/sailjail -p jolla-notes.desktop /usr/bin/jolla-notes
constructing /run/firejail/mnt/privileged: Accounts,Keys,eas-sailfish,Contacts,autofill ...
mounting /run/firejail/mnt/privileged @ /home/nemo/.local/share/system/privileged
hiding /run/firejail/mnt/privileged
[D] unknown:0 - Using Wayland-EGL
[D] expression for onRowsInserted:39 - Notes inserted: 0..0

The last line has been inserted after choosing the deletion from the pull-down menu and being sent back to the note list with the new one being listed also. Deleting the note while being in the note listing with a long press then actually delete the note.

1 Like

I can reproduce on JC, Xx, XA2 on 4.2. The note I wrote in all cases is “the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog”

1 Like

Added to internal tracker

It “worked” for me, too, on 4.5.0.19. In other words, I was able to see that my draft notes were not deleted.