[Delete] button to Email events page

I would like to propose a quick delete function for unimportant emails of at events page. Currently there is a ‘reply’ and ‘mark read’ label buttons.

9 Likes

Full agree! And please a mark as spam + shift to spam folder button, too!

3 Likes

That’s a lot of buttons for being a swipe-based UI…

4 Likes

I really suffer from this swiping stuff!

1 Like

Blockquote
I really suffer from this swiping stuff!

That’s what SFOS is all about ;-).
Maybe you choose the wrong operating system?

I don’t think so (20 chars)

2 Likes

thank you for the post. never saw the other two buttons.
so a third more …

2 Likes

SwipeFishOS ! :joy:
10100 char
(edit: I like SFOS very much, couldn’t live with Goopple all day long)

2 Likes

In my opinion, this is a relatively quick fix and a short-term proposal.
If notifications is to be overhauled (again).
Email title swipe bar of left/right (<-spam or trash->) would follow the gesture philosophy.
Too mainstream or un(fish)like? :wink:

2 Likes

And add “Mark as Readed and move to Archive”

How about changing the “Mark as read” -button to “Delete” -button.
I mean… I atleast don’t often regard an email as read if I saw its headline on the events page… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Just to throw a wrench in the works, can we please get plain text views by default (ducks and runs…).

4 Likes

…and pls again the possibility of an transparent background in the webview to prevent the white flash when opening an email.

5 Likes

Good, but imho better: A ‘Shift to spam & mark as spam’ button for possibility to first sort out the junk on the events screen, even before (or without) opening the mail app.

1 Like

It needs to be as simple as possible on the events screen. Buttons with long texts won’t work.
It’ll be tricky for Jolla to please us all with different buttons… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
Maybe user could select the buttons he/she wants to have there (?)
…or no buttons at all.

2 Likes

Yes, you’re right. Selectable buttons for the users individual preferences, e.g. 3 choices out of more, would be fine.
No buttons is not a good idea! Then better leave it as it is.

1 Like

I mean that someone who don’t want buttons would be able to choose so.

2 Likes

Yes, choosing buttons should include an option to choose no buttons.

1 Like

Great responses. And sadly those were not taken account in current 4.5.* release. What a disappointment. Maybe in next major release? Could someone ask this in community meeting?
Because I can see a Hamlet debate around the corner: “Email app, be or not to be Android GUI alike?”

I could imagine an improved swiping approach. Currently, if you enable the notification actions by tapping the symbol right above the notifications, a swipe to the left or right will dismiss the notification. For emails you could differ the action for left and right, e.g. Delete for swipe to the left and dismiss notification/email read to the right.

1 Like