Deinstall Android App

Hello guys, just flashed my xperia 10 dual sim with sailfish os 4.1.0.24 (Kvarken). Installed some apps from jolla store and finally downloaded Whatsapp Messenger from Aptoide store and installed it.
But in App grid the ‘NS Whatsapp +’ app is shown, not the original Whatsapp. In Aptoide it looked like the WA Messenger but actually it wasn’t. As i tried to get rid of this crapy software i had to realize that neither Aptoide nor APK store is able to do so. Aptoide shows no option to deinstall and the ‘deinstall’ button in APK store does nothing. I downloaded the WA Messenger form whatsapp.com and tried to install but it says “INSTALL_FAILED_VERSION_DOWNGRADE”.
Is there any way to wipe this crap from my phone or do i have to flash again?

Thx for help

Doesn’t long-tapping and selecting the X button work on the launcher screen work? As in, how you uninstall all SFOS apps?

Thank you! Worked perfect! In the past I always deinstalled via app store!

Out of curiosity, why are you using Whatsapp from Aptoide?, why not use the APK directly from Whatsapp?, although I detest using Android apps, I’m forced somewhat to use Whatsapp, so I always get my APK from Whatsapp.

1 Like

If you prefer a version from an app store, it would still be better to use Aurora from f-droid to access the Google Play store anonymously. With aptoide there were problems with malware in the recent past.

1 Like

Hi Guys, thank you for your replies and sorry for not responding to them for i haven’t had a look at forum for a long time.

@Edz: I used Aptoide with my Jolla1 and for me it worked well. Today i do it like you’ve discribed with WA or Threema.

@davidrasch: I used F-Droid to download the degoogled Covpass App and i tried APKpure for travel apps like ArriveCan.
Sometimes it’s more convenient to scroll through the apps of a store.

In general i try not to use Android Apps but in some cases it is - let’s say difficult.