Deactivate Encryption and Pincode

oh yea, i forgot about sparse img tools, glad you found it. looks like its working for you, hopefully it doesnt brick your phone :wink:

LOL. to rephrase this: almost every problem you can encounter has a ready-made, open-source solution in GNU/Linux that you can install from a free library by a single copy/paste. dependency management CAN be a nightmare, but its generally much LESS of a nightmare on GNU/Linux platforms like debian and fedora.

haha, i truly cannot tell if youre joking. please do not tell me, it would only spoil the mystery.

like i said, sailfish is largely based on mer. mer is an open-source mobile-friendly middleware platform that evolved out of MeeGo (Nokia N9), which in turn evolved out of Maemo (Nokia N900) and Moblin, etc etc.
sailfish = mer + proprietaryGUI

btw, you can change nemo to anything you like in that script. with this script, the username can by anything, EXCEPT it cannot be more than 11 characters, because the script does not touch the filesystem metadata. (another method for editing the images could allow this)
also, and for the same reason, make sure that you keep any ‘extra’ whitespace for usernames less than 11 characters in lines #54 and #61 so that the old and new versions of that file have the same number of bytes.

2 Likes

Yea glad I found it myself… I’m just a Newb. so… yea… kinda hard to figure things out. But it sorted out after some time and trial and such. Well, if you have not bricked any of your phones, I don’t see a big danger to it either.

As an old Windows 2000 user my old faithful lover - I don’t really like how all the world went astray from sanity. It was so user friendly, rock stable and without adds and spyware and other graphical nonsense. I still remember my terrifying movement and conclusion having bought new Hardware and not being able to get Windows 2000 to work on it. I had to leave my old faithful friend in the dirt, I was devastated. That is where I feel absolutely 100% at home where it does what I expect.

So changing the nemo username to something else won’t do a thing of change beside the changing of the name? As long as I keep it to 11 keystrokes long?

I’ll take a look at the code, how many places do you need to change the user name in the code, only twice in the code at those lines?

Thanks for script - mobile seems to run without issues, at least just standard issues of SailFish as far as I can see. AND WITHOUT needing to put any password in it anymore - so nice!!!

Got the weather app issue sorted out - I made a thread on that for getting things to work if you have any issues on those parts.

And here we go again with another book burn. People don’t have anything better to do then commit to working for the Devil.

Okay I see 11 places it seems in the code with the word nemo that might need to be replaced. Although have not really sorted out what username yet.
admin maybe. Administrator is to long.

or user or the standard defaultuser - but… can you have more folder users in SailFish? Overall, I don’t think many people have one mobile with multiple users, but of cause it could be a possibility.

Why would you, yourself wanna choose the username nemo?

yet another book burned on the Papists stake.

1. it had been nemo for SIX+ YEARS when they changed it to the incredibly cool and stylish defaultuser
  2. nemo is FOUR characters long, and very easy to type
  3. nemo is unique, pronounceable and memorable
  4. 20k leagues under the sea! mer! nemo! sailfish! harbour! theming is cool and useful
  5. i had dozens of scripts with nemo hardcoded, although i have since softcoded them out of spite to show this was the least important reason

defaultuser was such a TERRIBLE rename. its been years, and im still ready to fight about it.

5 Likes

I wonder why the User them self can’t just decide the name. If it is not that important overall for things to function as long as it is not hard coded to a specific account I guess you call it.
I was thinking why not have a folder with Darkijah for myself. Although I still have not looked further into your script if it is possible. I might break something which is not so good. Maybe a Script where the user can easily insert his own name for patching it while getting rid of the encryption and thereby no password needed.

Dunno.

I tried to sort out the patch with the name darkijah - removing nemo all the places in the patch and replacing it with darkijah…

Will be interesting to see if it works.

Seems to work, although the backup made by SailFish did not seem to save any apps or settings.
But I do have home/darkijah now as admin account.

How easy is it just to rename the admin folder to the name you want after having installed the system without encryption?