Could we see Silica UI on this list one day?

1 Like

Pinephone build should work out of the box? Linux drivers, so no need to fix anything from hybris side, yyay

2 Likes

That’d be beautiful, SailfishOS within an L5’s Phosh? Awesome :smiley:

Wut? Silica or Phosh, one or the other, you can’t have both at the same time

Looking at this, they figured out how to do it…

In some manner, I don’t have the time to read it at the moment, but I think it is currently limited to X11 desktops

Phosh is the GTK minimized for phone display, Silica is all the swipes, you can’t have both or it would be ridiculous

Rediculous, but fun… And how many things can run Doom? Just because it can?

You can probably run doom (the original just recompiled for seiko cpu) on your watch,the big difference is UI, you can’t click on OK and swipe left at the same time, it’s one or the other

1 Like

I meant it as a figure of speech, just because something is rediculous and impractical, doesn’t mean I can’t have fun with it lol

I’ve just had a look at the second result of a review of this phone/OS/whatever in one popular video website and it’s honestly embarrassing. The Jolla 1 fared dramatically better at launch (it could, for example, play videos of such popular video website).
Do we want to see SFOS UI in that list? Probably not, it would be detrimental. When I use Android or iOS (you know, the “big ones”), I want to go back to the smooth experience of SFOS, it doesn’t seem like Pure OS/Librem/whatever gives me that.
One of the reviewers fantasises about “plugging it to a big desktop”, but why would you do that? The eMMC will be as slow as on any other mobile device, just get yourself a small desktop for half the price with an SSD and 16GB RAM, install Linux, job done (and you will be able to do basic things such as playing videos from popular video websites, I’m not sure if I mentioned this already :wink: ).

1 Like