Contacts groups

I remember one feature from Nokia - contacts groups. It was set some default like: family, work, friends etc. and of course was possible to create new groups. Please add this small but useful feature.

16 Likes

Highly supprted this request.

And in case considered I would like to ask this feature to be used for the dark Android side as well?

1 Like

Yes +1 this would be nice to have. Also contacts grouping would probably make it possible to allow choosing/filtering which contact groups are usable/visible on android side.

3 Likes

It seems alien_sync is responsible for syncing contacts from Sailfish OS to AlienDalvik

If you could disable the alien_sync with no issues, then you might be able to force-ably implement something esle…

Hold on, I may have a solution.

any news @nerd7473 ?

The solution never worked, but consited of changing the default Contacts app in AlienDalvik to something else, then creating favorites and linking some contacts there showed promise, but never worked… If I were you, I’d only create what contacts were absolutely needed for X and Y apps, then disable Contact Access after those contacts were indexed. After which, go out of it and then inport your regular contacts.