Confused about Sony Xperia 10 V

They have already spoken similar words in the past, but it appears events have overtaken their ability to deliver.

The launch of their new device has also passed their given date, and i suspect probably lies at the heart of the delay here too.

Having taken deposits off customers for the C2, their priority has to be to get that shipped ASAP, and, going off the C2 thread, they haven’t quite ironed out the issues there yet

1 Like

I’d would say that I would like to have free, non AAS, bugged but still working os to flash my 10 V with and have some time to play with by the weekend

Are there any more now after a new meaningless thread enriches the forum?

Sure…

on the other hand, does it give you some happines wasting your time on comments like these above?

I appreciate ones who spent their time giving me some help but really do not understand you. Dont like, skip, done…

1 Like

Unfortunately, this “we are all happy here” forum software (Discourse) does not allow for expressing that without resorting to written text.

https://releases.sailfishos.org/images/

However, there is no licence for the Xperia 10 IV (XQ-CC54) and 10 V (XQ-DC54) yet. Their free trial images can be downloaded from the 4.6.0 image folder.

The folder is missing (4.6.0) and the supported devices are only two version (XQ-DC72 has been not mentioned)

Let’s wait for the release.

Is there a free trial version out there for 10V ? So, anyone already tested it ?

Not yet, we are all waiting for the release for our V devices in sweet anticipation

1 Like

There is now. They made the beta available (see [Release notes] Sauna 4.6.0.15). I installed it and despite the known issues it works like a charm. Love it so far!

5 Likes

Yes, i love it too. It runs really well

1 Like

great! I have to wait for Android Support to have it as a daily driver. But step-by-step!
On the other hand the how-to-install PDF refers to purchasing SailfishX license - that is not available in the shop…

Yes there is no commercial release for the 10 IV/V yet as they are still awaiting fixes from Sony. The current release available in the link is a Beta please read the Release Notes to be aware of the various issues present.

Does Sailfish OS support eSIM? as I understanf the difference between Xperia 10 V XQ-DC54 vs. XQ-DC72 is that former is single SIM + storage while latter one is dual SIM or single SIM+Storage but both of them supports eSIMs (under Android).

In the release notes there are lots of restrictions - including Camera(!?) but you said it works fine…

According to Sony manual:
XQ-DC54: nanoSim + micro sd + eSim
XQ-DC72: nanoSim + (micro sd or nanoSim)

back then there was an issue related to Xperia camera quality under SFOS vs. Android and the conclusion was something like that - if I recall right - there were/are some device specific certificates installed on the devices that enables/disables certain Camera features/qualities and they can somehow preserved during flashing SFOS and results in better image/video quality.

Is it still an issue and what to do if yes?

Can anyone share link to a webshop in EU that actually sell this Xperia 10 V (black) and delivers to Hungary?

I’ve failed miserably to find any but Rakuten in France but I was not able to change delivery adress to Hungary… :slightly_frowning_face:

I think here are some possibilities.

1 Like

Currently there’s one for sale on hardverapro.hu priced 95000 Ft, 1.5 years warranty.

That was a mistake. Fixed.

No, it does not. On the xq-cc54 and xq-dc54 phones, there is one SIM available, the physical SIM.