Configurable screen corners

In the same / a similar vein as [Proposal] Optional system-wide gestures, I’d like to discuss configurable screen corners in a new thread.

I think it would be great if we could configure what happens when we swipe up/down from the bottom/top corners. For example, I would love to be able to swipe down from the top-right corner to take a screenshot, while of course still being able to close the current app from the top-left corner.

(I tried to implement something in this direction in a patch but couldn’t decipher where edge and corner swipes are being handled, so I gave up…)

1 Like

I remember that not everyone liked it back then when the top edge swipe was split into 2 areas (swipe down from the middle of the top edge to access the top menu, swipe down from the top left or top right corner to close the current app). Regarding myself: I was skeptical too. But once I got used to it, I found this feature to be quite helpful.

So I think your proposal makes sense, even though it increases complexity. But if the users are able to choose whether they want to use this gesture or not (like you proposed), everyone should be fine, since screenshots for example can also be taken by pressing both hardware volume buttons simultaneously.

Exactly! I also remember the commotion when the top-swipe was changed, but making the “active corners” configurable would be much less intrusive. If someone doesn’t like it, they can just disable it :).

(Yes, but the buttons are almost broken on my phone, so I use ScreenTapShot2…)