Comprehensive call history request

Right now we have what can be best described as a “rolling” call history/log in phone calls. Say, when “A” calls you at 10:00 and then “B” calls you at “10:30” and then “A” calls you again at 11:00, you’d only see two entries that go like: A 11:00; B 10:30.

I’d like to see a complete log that goes like
A 11:00
B 10:30
A 10:00
as an option.

6 Likes

If you long press a contact in the call history and select Open contact card, or just select a contact in the People app/section, what you want is all there I think. It encompasses all activity, including texts

1 Like

That’s only if you have that number saved to your contacts. There’s a bug report about that somewhere, though. The history is still saved regardless, so as a workaround, if you add the number to your contacts, you’ll immediately be able to see every call and message you’ve ever exchanged.

2 Likes

This bug doesn’t exist anymore, @blam and I corrected it some version ago. I’ve just checked that it’s ok on 4.2.0.

6 Likes

You’re right, I hadn’t noticed, it’s working the way it should. Thanks!

Not sure if you all mean that it’s going to be fixed in the upcoming release? I’m running 4.1.0 and this is the behavior I’m seeing.

I’m sorry, I didn’t pay attention when it was released in a public version. The commit is this one :

It entered the master branch in November 2020.

That’s probably not exactly what I asked for. I asked for seeing the entire ungrouped call history right in the calls log, without going to any contact specifically to look up their activity.

Ah sorry, I missinterpreted your previous reply. I was replying myself to @nthn about a previous bug not displaying the comm history for unsaved contacts.

my problem is, I save the new phonenumbers from the call history into one contact and the remarks/details of the contact call history aka activity is wrong. see attached image

My contact has 3 different phonenumbers, all details are different, but in the activity it shows all as Other - Assistant :frowning:

1 Like

Today I was making more calls than usually and I really missed not having the complete logs in front of me when browsing the call history. In this particular case, I needed to keep track in which order I had been able to reach the contacts. At first, I wasn’t aware of the logic of the call history, so later on I had to open several contact cards and write down the times of successfull calls.

Since there is no way to see all the logs from the call history and even showing all the logs of one contact isn’t intuitive (“Open contact card” sounds like a way to check or edit contact information), I suggest the following:

Option 1: Show complete logs by default.
Option 2: Add a new line (e.g. “Show all”) on the pulley menu (now there are “Show essentials” and “Show details”).

What do others think: what would be the most logical / intuitive choice of design in this case?

1 Like

Idea for options:
Show

• chronological (with name in a second column), reverse, latest on top. ‘What was my last calls?’
  • alphabetical (with time in a second column), ‘What time did ‘x’ last time call me?’ Search for people
1 Like