Community meeting on IRC 21st October 2021

Schedule: Thursday 2021-10-21T07:00:00Z (Check here for UTC or to download calendar reminder)

Topic proposals for the meeting:

• add your name/nick using the template below to suggest a topic.
  • indicate how much time you will need for the topic so we can time-box the meeting accordingly
  • please be as thorough as you can with your question/topic
  • if you can’t make the meeting please ask and then name a substitute who can in your place.

It is expected that you show up and present your topic, or name a substitute and make sure they attend in your absence. These IRC meetings are for real time participation and live discussions, otherwise you can post the topic on here and get responses that way.

We need you to be present to clarify details in the topic, and to ensure the discussion is leading to the answers you are looking for! If you do not participate or your question/topic isn’t clear enough it will be postponed. Also: Always ask for more time than you anticipate your topics needs!

Please try and have your topics ready at least 3 days before the meeting. This will help us have answers ready beforehand to save time. Topics announced afterwards will be postponed to the next meeting.

Template for topic proposal: (post your topic proposals as comments to this forum topic)

• Name / IRC nick:
  • topic:
  • some details about the topic:
  • approx. time needed:
  • optional: name of substitute if you cannot make it to the upcoming meeting (and inform your substitute)

Name / IRC nick: lolek
topic: ui experience/accessibility
some details about the topic: Sailfish need some minor improvements so one hand usage will be better
approx. time needed: 15mins
optional: There are lot of locations in the sailfish that requires to use second hand while it would be just a small ui change to improve this. One has to realize that all lists, should start from the bottom to the top not the opposite way. For example the notes, the first note is located in the top left corner of the screen, impossible to reach there using one hand without fiddling with the phone. The same apply other places.
There are of course other issues, some described by me here:

2 Likes
  • Name / IRC nick:ApB
  • topic: VoLTE implementation details
  • some details about the topic: As we’ve seen in the slides from Berlin VoLTE is planned for early 2022. Some questions arise and mainly how Jolla is going to approach the issue. Will the solution be open or closed? Which devices are going to be supported?
  • approx. time needed:15 min
  • optional: Its highly probablre that i will forget about it so just answer the question. But i believe many will want info on that.
4 Likes

Copying @Keeper-of-the-Keys’ question from Community meeting on IRC 30th September 2021 - #17 by Keeper-of-the-Keys

• Name: KeeperoftheKeys
  • Topic: Aptoide is still/again pushing an untrusted client why is it still in Jolla store?
  • Details: The aptoide store client seems to push dangerous and compromised software, this is either the second time this happened or it never stopped happening since last time. As the saying goes “Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me”, why is this clearly untrustworthy party still in the Jolla store endangering us?
  • Time needed: 5 min
  • Optional: since this is smack bang in the middle of my work day I don’t know if I can be there but I’m sure Jolla can answer/discuss this even if I’m not there.

Related forum post:

3 Likes

Minutes: #sailfishos-meeting: Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration -- 21th October 2021
Minutes (text): https://irclogs.sailfishos.org/meetings/sailfishos-meeting/2021/sailfishos-meeting.2021-10-21-07.00.txt
Log: #sailfishos-meeting log