Community meeting on 8th Aug 2024

Schedule: Thursday 2024-08-08T07:00:00Z   :world_map:   :date:

Topic proposals for the meeting:

• Add your name/nick using the template below to suggest a topic.
  • Indicate how much time you’ll need so we can time-box the meeting accordingly.
  • Please be as thorough as you can with your question/topic.
  • If you can’t make the meeting please ask and name a substitute.

It is expected that you show up and present your topic, or name a substitute and make sure they attend in your absence. These IRC meetings are for real time participation and live discussions, otherwise you can post the topic on here and get responses that way.

We need you to be present to clarify details in the topic, and to ensure the discussion is leading to the answers you are looking for! If you do not participate or your question/topic isn’t clear enough it will be postponed. Also: always ask for more time than you anticipate your topic needs!

Please have your topics ready at least 3 days before the meeting so we can prepare good answers. Topics announced afterwards will be postponed to the next meeting.

Template for topic proposal: (post your topic proposals as comments to this forum topic).

* Name/IRC nick:
* Topic:
* Some details about the topic:
* Approx. time needed:
* Substitute (optional):

Open Pull Requests:
If you have, or know of, a pull request that’s been open for at least 3 weeks, but which you think deserves attention, please add a comment using the template below and we’ll consider it during the next meeting.

* Name/IRC nick:
* Open PR URL:

Name: TheKitchenSink

Topic: Getting a confirmation from Jolla about VoLTE support for 000 / 112 emergency calls when t2G/3G network/s are shutdown

Details: I’m looking for an official answer to my question posted on the forum here

The shutdown of 3G in Australia is due to take place Aug 31st 2024 in order to make 000 (our emergency number) calls they will have to be routed over VoLTE after this date and according to the guidance we are receiving from our carriers not all phones/operating systems will do this, so i’d like to confirm if mine will.
Evidently this applies to 911/112/999 in other countries as well as more places shut 2G/3G services.
My forum post does link to some documentation provided to end users about the pending shutdown and emergency call support. In the event that Sailfish doesnt support this (or support is some time away) this is something that needs to be very clearly communicated due to its safety critical nature.

Approx time needed: 5mins - Also happy if the answer is a simple yes for it to be a forum reply (cant guarantee i can make the meeting)

Substitute: Flypig

2 Likes
  • Name/IRC nick: b100dian
  • Topic: Jolla blog updates
  • Some details about the topic: Is there any reason the recent developments (e.g. 4.6, mind2 etc) where not also blogged about? I would assume that you’re going to when new devices are supported, but you used to update on dot releases too.
  • Approx. time needed: 5 mins
  • Substitute (optional):
4 Likes

Minutes: #sailfishos-meeting: Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration -- 8th August 2024
Minutes (text): https://irclogs.sailfishos.org/meetings/sailfishos-meeting/2024/sailfishos-meeting.2024-08-08-07.00.txt
Log: #sailfishos-meeting log

3 Likes