Communication (or lack thereof)

There are community news here.

There is dedicated section on these forums for the community news postings Community News - Sailfish OS Forum

And all the posts regarding the different meetings can be found at Announcements - Sailfish OS Forum

1 Like

I agree.
20 characters.

Thank you all for posting the community forums. Very technical.

C2 update? Translation strings? Pure maps? Amazfish?

I just simply want to know when my phone is likely to arrive. Nothing more, nothing less.

I don’t see that in top post or topic.
You’re not the only one impatient. They already notified that they’ll be send latest today you should probably wait for notification email.

They told us, but very very few times.
“We target …”, with a follow up at or close to that date would be very welcome. Sifting through threads for information that probably doesn’t exist, or having to attempt an meeting for this basic information, it sucks.

1 Like

It’s SOOOOOOO simple.

Here - Jolla

A post.

“SHIPMENTS HAVE STARTED.”

Done.

As already mentioned by @sebix, there is already another post on this at No need for Jolla blog?

In the community meeting on August 8th, Jolla stated that they view the forum as being the more suitable place for these sorts of updates. Whether we agree with that or not isn’t really relevant.

3 Likes

Then take it down. (edited for those of a sensitive nature)

At a minimum on the home page. When I click on “NEWS” menu item. It says “LATEST NEWS”. “News Highlights”

Surely there HAS to be the place where you can xxxxx (edited for those of a sensitive nature) wave and say shipments have started. Or isn’t finally shipping a new device a news highlight?

I think you need to turn it down a few notches.

2 Likes

you didn’t moan about xxxxx. (edited for those of a sensitive nature)

Perhaps they are making a bigger announcement, when they have finished all the shipments. The start of the shipments was announced in a related thread:

If you have completed the last payment, you should also receive a tracking number to your e-mail after your device has been shipped.

2 Likes

I get it tuplasuhveli

My point and it seems that I’m alone here is that it is so monumental, we have waited so long and it is so exciting that it deserved a place on the main news page. “We’ve started shipping”. No searching, no going elsewhere, just right on their main news page.

Obviously I’m alone in that view. I now know they’ve started shipping. I look forward to receiving my email and then my device and wish the rest of you all luck with yours.

Back in my box. You won’t hear from me again unless an email or the device doesn’t arrive.

Goodbye one and all.

You’re not. Search for similar threads. It’s their way. If we like it or not.

Ah, yes. Well… Problems solved so far?
Jolla restructured?

Are we at the communism and vaccination phase already?

These threads mean nothing, archieve nothing and are monotonous like… like only these sorts of threads.

i totally agree with you that a blog entry would have made sense. (but that thread already exists)

however, even if they would have created one with ‘we started shipping’ it would not suffice.
you can see it in the other thread, where others wonder:

• why did i not receive an e-mail yet
  • what would be the estimated shipping time after i did receive the mail
  • etc. etc.

i should add a post: why the fuck is my order since 4 days in sorting :smiley:
i hope i did not offend anybody

1 Like

(edited out for those of a sensitive nature) too please.

If you were closer we could semaphore or morse with lamps…

At the very least monotony is a constant.

I see you’ve had a bit of a reaction from many, but if it helps, I’m with you, I’ve only recently committed some money into ordering the C2, but yeah, even an “active” twitter account to share a bit of news would be nice.

I always thought if a company creates a blog or a news section on their website it should be maintained, if not, deleted. Nothing gives stronger “dead company” vibe as a news section with nothing :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you.

Might interest you

1 Like

Ahhhh. My post got deleted / hidden. Did I upset someone?

I do love people that take offence on behalf of others.

Do we have some self appointed forum police on here?

Thank you sebix, thank you Josh for putting me in my place. Much appreciated.

It did though get a response did it not?

So thank you for replying Jolla and updating us.