Closing an app in landscape by swipe down does not work properly

REPRODUCIBILITY : up to 90%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION : 4.1.0.24
HARDWARE : X10 II
UI LANGUAGE: German
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?):

DESCRIPTION:

As described in the title, closing an app by swiping down on left or right edge fails in approx. 9 of 10 trials. Sometimes it seems on left side it’s working a little bit better, but I’m right-handed :wink:
It doesn’t matter whether the app was opened in portrait or landscape format.

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. open an app
  2. go to landscape mode
  3. try to close app by swipe down

EXPECTED RESULT:

App should close

ACTUAL RESULT:

App doesn’t close. Sometimes peek menu appears ,sometimes other actions. Camera app for instance toggles between front and rear camera.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

6 Likes

Same as on XA2 (somewhere mentioned here on fso or I guess on tjc).

Try to pull the top menu from the middle, dismiss and try again…

1 Like

I can confirm this for my X10 II - exactly as described.

1 Like

So then I see it more and more as a SFOS SW bug!
And not caused by a device…

Since SFOS 4.2.0.19 Verla EA it’s working as expected for Xperia 10 II. So I would say solved with software release. Thanks.

So maybe i am not using the correct moves, but if i use the Android version of Open Camera in landscape mode, i can just bring the app to thumbnail by swiping from the side, instead swiping from the then bottom of the app. What i don’t really find that intuitive and easy to remember, as i also think, it is not continuously implemented in the OS.

I see this on my ported device (running 4.3). When in landscape mode the app sometimes doesn’t close when you swipe from the edge. It minimizes. And if you tap on it -after that- and swipe from the edge in portrait mode it closes.

Weird bug.