Clipboard hangs on vanha rauma4.4

REPRODUCIBILITY: very often
OS VERSION: vanha rauma 4.4
HARDWARE: sony xperia xa2
UI LANGUAGE: italian
REGRESSION: clipboard hangs most of the times

DESCRIPTION:

i should be able to paste things but i’m not cause the cliboard on the keyboard gets stuck most of the times, and i can’t even choose predictions for the spell checker.
a reboot does not fix that generally, apart from deleting the clipboard, that is still stuck by the way

PRECONDITIONS:

this happened after having installed okboard from openrepos but i’ve flashed my device two days ago so unsure if that is the culprit or not

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. don’t really know, but i would say install okboard
  2. delete it
  3. see the clipboard not working

EXPECTED RESULT:

i expected the clipboard on the keyboard to work

ACTUAL RESULT:

clipboard is stuck, i can’t even scroll the list of suggested words

MODIFICATIONS:

chum : yes
openerepos : yes
no patches installed and no patchmanager

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

don’t really know if it’s just a bug or some conflict, i don’t even know if okboards is relevant since i flashed my device (an xa2) just 2 days ago, so i guess mods can move on the appropriate section if needed…

I never encountered this bug with the original keyboard. Try to uninstall all unofficial keyboard and check if the bug remain.

Thanks for your report @247. This definitely sounds like a bug, but seems to be a bug in okboards rather than Sailfish OS itself. Given this I’d suggest we either close this topic, or move it to the Applications category. Do you have a preference?

1 Like

Ah sorry, it was a bug in the keyboard itself, so you can close it, unfortunately i don’t know how to do it with the sailfish forum app…

No worries @247, I’m happy to close it on your behalf. Thank you!