Claiming warranty on Xperia 10, should I reflash Android, lock the bootloader?

Perhaps, but your contract of sale (in which any statutory warranty is implied into) is with the supplier. This could be Sony if you bought it direct from Sony, or it could be a shop in the high street. It is the supplier who is therefore legally responsible for honouring the warranty. He may then have a back-to-back claim against Sony, but this is not the customer’s concern.

If you were to minded to sue, you would be suing the supplier for breach of contract, not the manufacturer (unless they were one and the same). Unless you bought the device from Sony itself you would have no contract with Sony to claim was in breach.

Same as if you bought a bag of potatoes from a French supermarket and when you got home they were all mouldy and unusable - you would take your claim back to the Supermarket, not the Irish farmer who planted them and dug them up!

1 Like

I’ve read this topic and many more topics. I bought Xperia 10 to just give it a try to the SFOS 4.x as I tested it back with older Xperia some time ago. Back then I knew that using Sony devices is a disaster from the consumer related to warranty point of view. I know that Sony has great Android Open Source Developer program but since their attitude to honor HW warranty is like that, in my opinion Jolla should really start switching to different HW. Sony is known for being the evil one regarding DRM and that doesn’t goes in line with Open Source Linux and etc.