Certain apps requiring Google Play services no longer work after upgrade to 4.4.0.72

REPRODUCIBILITY: Always
OS VERSION: 4.4.0.72
HARDWARE: XA2, 4113
UI LANGUAGE: Danish
REGRESSION: Yes, problem was not present prior to 4.4.072

DESCRIPTION:

Certain apps depending on Google Play Services no longer work: They quit with the error message:
“(app) won’t run without Google Play services, which are not supported on your system.” This applies to e.g. the Danish payment app, “Mobilepay”

PRECONDITIONS:

Xperia XA2, 4113
SFOS 4.4.0.72

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Start the Mobilepay app or the DRTV app

EXPECTED RESULT:

The app should load and work with no errors

ACTUAL RESULT:

App stalls or is not working with the error message above.

MODIFICATIONS:

I use microG, version 0.2.24.214 with all permissions allowed to implement the functionality of Google Play services

2 Likes

MobilePay works in Finland.

DRTV crashes before I can enable cookies on XA2, 10 II and 10 III. The GS290 (4.4.0.64/Waydroid) shows a notification (“can’t play video”) before crashing.

What about Lidl Plus?

Don’t you get the error message with Mobilepay? Also, is the issuer of the app the same in Finland and Denmark?
I just installed Lidl Plus and there seems to be no problem with it. It is true that the DRTV app crashes, but it was new that I got the error message before it crashed :wink:

The issuer is the same, Danske Bank A/S, but the Google Play ID is fi.danskebank.mobilepay, not dk…

The Danish version starts but it’s in English - I was prepared to put a hot potato in my mouth and use Swedish :wink: