CardDAV sync broken

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.0.1.48
HARDWARE (XA2, Xperia 10…): Xperia X
UI LANGUAGE: de
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): yes

DESCRIPTION:

no more contacts from CardDAV server appear in contacts.

PRECONDITIONS:

Update to 4.0 pre release, then to 4.0.1.48. CardDAV server is radicale on a raspberry pi, it works for other devices and used to work with sailfish os version 3.x

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. wipe all contacts
  2. start new sync
  3. reboot phone
  4. start contacts
    also tried to delete the account, reinstalled it, but no success.

EXPECTED RESULT:

all contacts from all sources should be synced. If a sync fails, errors should be reported.

ACTUAL RESULT:

Contacts from CardDAV are missing, others are there. No errors are reported at all.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

Detailed sync logs from https://sailfishos.org/wiki/CalDAV_and_CardDAV_Community_Contributions#Sync_Logs would be appreciated.

Dear Chris,
thanks for the response. Unfortunaltely i cannot help with logs, as i discarded radicale. I changed to Baikal, which works perfect with Sailfish 4.0.1.48 on my Sony XperiaX. It also works with other devices, the only drawback is that there is no way to assign group rights to address books or calendars. As i had trouble with radical on every single Sailfish update, my conclusion and recommendation is: Don’t consider radicale.

I don’t think it’s radicale alone. I’ve been using it reliably for years with different clients and with different systems. Radicale is installed on an LTS and is therefore rarely changed. Unfortunately, I also have to fear every SFOS update. At the moment it is running reliably again with 3.4.0.24 and I will not update to 4.xx any more. I appreciate radicale as a robust server, but Sailfish often has bugs in the synchronization in different places with every update. The forum (old and new) is full of posts about synchronization errors. They come and go although radicale is not changed on my server.