Can't delete primary location in weather app

Hello I moved to a different city. I thought changing the standard location shouldn’t be an issue. However there seems to be no way to delete the primary location within the weather app. I tried to apply the workaround at: https://sailfishos.org/wiki/Sailfish_OS_Cheat_Sheet#Weather but it doesn’t work properly. At first the locations are deleted, however, they get restored somehow after a while.

Does anybody have a workaround? In general I think, changing or deleting the standard location should be possible.

Have you tried adding your new location, setting it as primary, and then deleting your old (now not primary) location? Seems to work just fine for me.

Ok thanks, that did indeed help - though I think this option is not very intuitive to be found.

The location of weather.json in the Cheat Sheet needs to be updated to include “org.sailfishos” as in “rm /home//.local/share/org.sailfishos/sailfish-weather/weather.json”

I was going to add that to the Cheat Sheet myself, but then it said I was going to add a fork and I decided this was maybe a bad idea.

1 Like

Don’t be frightened by that - that’s just how github (and git in general) works. If you want to edit, you need to create a fork, which github happily creates for you. Then you make the edits in your fork, and then you create a Pull Request to merge your changes to the main repo. Someone will then review your changes and if they are ok they will be merged.

Ah, that was easy enough. Now there’s a pull request in there for this. Thanks, @vige !

No, Thank You! Merged your PR already.

1 Like