Hi
I have a new C2 and can’t charge the battery. Tried different charging cables. It shows that it’s charging, but the battery level doesn’t change. I’m on 15% now and had to change back to my old phone. Any ideas?
I don’t remember experiencing this.
My two guesses. The easy one first. Charge controller is stuck. Hot boot (rebooting the C2) might help. If not, there is still cold boot to just drain the battery and try to charge.
The second is more nasty for you. There could be a HW failure somewhere in the charging circuit. It might be easily fixable or not.
Good luck.
Thanks, I’ll try the easy options and hope it’ll work.
It worked with draining the battery. But now the battery is half full and I can’t charge it again. So it seems I would have to completely discharge the battery every time. Do you have another idea?
Sorry. Not beyond those before.
This seems like a HW failure. I guess you should open the ticket on Zendesk.
I already did 3 weeks ago. No answer yet.
But thanks anyway.
I suppose, you already tried different charger / cable combinations. Install someting to monitor the current, like aida64 or usage (openrepos), so you see momentarily, if it charges or not. Plug in, see if it works, try again, if it doesn’t. Sometimes it takes a few atempts. Still no success: next, see if there is dust in the USB port (needle and being gentle) …scatch out the dust around the centre contacts.
Yes, I tried different chargers. The thing is, I managed to charge the battery when it was completely dead. But now that it’s half full again, it won’t charge anymore.
It’s still a good suggestion to use an app which shows at least current of the battery. There are many besides the suggested one.
Personally I use Battery Log, Battery Budy and more nerdy ones too.
Please check Settings → System → Battery to see whether “Stop charging at level X” is enabled.
Have you installed a battery-management app such as Battery Buddy? There could also be a charging limit enabled.
It’s the battery. Same as my C2. I contacted zendesk 29/3/2026. Still no answer. At the moment battery wont take any charge, is bulging and deforming whole phone. Hopefully it wont short circuit and set on fire burning my house down. It could cost Jolla more than warranty repair. But as sailfish user since 2014, I know something will happen soon
Any bulging, swollen or nonslightly mechanically damaged battery is dangerous.
I would definitely not waiting warranty resolution or anyone to remove battery to a safe distance.
Fire hazard or toxic fumes are just not something to play with. Non action is probably legaly at least partly consumer responsibility.
Full disclosure: electronic engineer here.