Cannot send mail 3.4.0.22

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): always
BUILD ID: 3.4.0.22
HARDWARE (Jolla1, Tablet, XA2,…): XA2
UI LANGUAGE: Swedish
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): bug introduced with 3.4.0.22

DESCRIPTION:

Sending or forwarding email doesn’t work anymore for me. Worked just fine still with 3.3.0.16.
When forwarding there is no original text anymore of the original email. Attachment seems to be there.
When selecting Send from pulley menu, the email app says “Updating” and the pulley menu lines start to flash. Updating takes very long if ever stops at all. When checking the Sent folder, there is nothing new and the receiver never gets the email, so it never was sent. Outbox folder is empty too.
Inbox folder works like it should, no problems.

PRECONDITIONS:

Other programs running are Whatsapp and Telegram. No patches installed.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Create IMAP account
  2. Send or forward a mail

EXPECTED RESULT:

Sent email and a coffee break

ACTUAL RESULT:

as described above

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

Hi,

Email should work fine on 3.4.0.22 but there is obviously something wrong as it does not work for you.

Try this:

1. Delete your IMAP account.
  2. Uninstall Mail app
  3. Restart phone
  4. Sign in to IMAP account
  5. Install Mail app

Open Mail, wait a minute and try to send a message.

1 Like

Thanks for the fast reply!
I did the steps but the behaviour is the same.

I have to revise me a bit, it seems to be just the forwarding that does not work as expected. Most likely it was the case also before I re-installed Mail and re-created the account.

It seems to me that the whole message that app makes as a new forwarded mail is a bit weird looking; no original text and attachment looks a bit weird too and then just two lines as text “–”.

Mail app can’t read the sent folder or if it can, the forwarded email doesn’t get saved there.

Then when I checked the test email from the receiver, 1 of the 3 test emails I forwarded got through and looked normal on the receiver side.
However, nothing in my sent folder.

A bit complicated explained…sorry…I can clarify if needed…