Cannot have syncthing sync to sdcard

I tried to let syncthing sync a folder to my pc, but it is impossible to add a folder on the sdcard. Has anyone some advice to configure the sdcard in a way that syncthing can acces andread/write? Any help much appreciated …

I had syncthing working really nicely, photos/videos/docs were synced straight to my laptops. It was amazing but in the last update the sdcard started getting mounted with a weird id instead of the card name. That broke everything, and not sure how to fix it.

Get latest ARM64 at Syncthing | Downloads

tar -xvzf syncthing-linux-arm64-v1.X.X.tar.gz
mk dir /home/nemo/opt/syncthing-linux-arm/
devel-su mv syncthing-linux-arm64-v1.X.X/ /home/nemo/opt/syncthing-linux-arm/
cp -i /home/nemo/opt/syncthing-linux-arm/syncthing-linux-arm64-v1.X.X/etc/linux-systemd/user/syncthing.service /home/nemo/.config/systemd/user/syncthing.service
vi /home/nemo/.config/systemd/user/syncthing.service
#correct ExecStart=///home/nemo/opt/syncthing/syncthing-linx-arm64-V1.X.X// -no-browser -no-restart -logflags=0
systemctl --user enable syncthing.service
systemctl --user start syncthing.service

Hello! Thx for your reply!
I took the easy way and use syncthing from f-droid; the android app.
I will do it you way later, and let you know if it works.
Ciao, thanks!

Wanting to configure syncthing via the sfos webbrowser: adding folders or devices won’t work neither accepting devices in popups. But hitting the confirmation buttons won’t do, they seem to get stuck and won’t write the data to the ~/.config/syncthing/config.xml file … any ideas? I tried other sfos browsers, but they’re even worse; won’t let you scroll down in a pop up window.

A small typo in #correct ExecStart=///home/nemo/opt/syncthing/syncthing-linx-arm64-V1.X.X// -no-browser -no-restart -logflags=0
should be:
#correct ExecStart=///home/nemo/opt/syncthing-linux-arm/syncthing-linx-arm64-V1.X.X// -no-browser -no-restart -logflags=0

As for the configuration, I added folders and devices in the config.xml in the terminal. Everything is working as it should. Thanks for the idea.

1 Like