Can I use in America

if I buy one will it work in america?

It depends on the phone model and your mobile network provider. Both need to support common GSM channels.

There are some positive reports from US.

3 Likes

The search function found e.g. this for usa and canada:

For latam countries please use the seach by your self

5 Likes

Well I have an X10 III and have visited USA and Canada from Australia using Vodafone AUS and a could connect and roam seamlessly

3 Likes

That will depend on what you buy. You didn’t specify.

Assuming you are referring to the JP2 we don’t know what bands it will support yet.

Sony Xperia devices usually support one or more bands that are in use in the US.

gsmarena usually has good data on the bands supported by the phone and you would just need to crossreference that list with the bands that are in use in the US, it’s work that you always need to do for phones you buy outside of a region you want to use them in (usually dual sim devices support a wide gamut of bands allowing for easy travel but you should check and not assume).

2 Likes

I use T-Mobile prepay when I’m in America and it works good.

2 Likes

Bands were announced in one of the post of Jolla. They have also updated them to the Jolla phone tech specs Jolla Phone (Sep 2026) – Jolla Shop

Don’t know what bands are supported in the US

4 Likes

Cool I missed that!

Based droid-life many of these bands are in use in the US so it should probably be OK.

2 Likes

From Canada, British Columbia here, nothing to do with the US, I am new to these forums, and frankly confused about entering a new comment/topic, so I offer my apologies (the Canadian way) in advance, for not likely following the rules of this forum. I have ac ouple of questions, and I don’t know if this is the right place where to ask them. 1) Is the Jolla Phone shipped to Canada, meaning, if I pay for pre-ordering, will it be shipped to my address to Canada? And if so, what do I have to pay extra? 2) Will this phone work with a Fido and/or Rogers vendor? - Thank You!

Hi cquarint.

  1. I’m not sure Jolla can legally do that. I guess you’ll need a mail forwarding company.

No clue if any import tax is in Canada.

  1. Look above in CLMA31 post where bands are mentioned. So if Fido/Rogers support any of them then technicaly it should work.
1 Like

I couldn’t get a Xperia III working with a FR SIM this summer for the life of me. Tried NY, CHI, LV, LA, got clock to sync but no data and, most of the time, no connection at all.
SIM worked ok in a pixel I ended up using as a modem.

Thank you filip.k - Why would that be illegal? - I know I would have to pay some Canadian import tax, and probably some extra for the shipment. But it would be nice not having go throught the concellation/refund process, if I paid my pre-order money and discover they could not ship it. I would like that assurance that they will ship to phone to me. - Do you know who could I talk to, to have that kind of assurance at Jolla? - Thank you for our kind answer :slight_smile:

CQ

Currently Jolla only ships inside Europe. But people in north america have used forwarding companies with a success

Probably wouldn’t be illegal, just some compliance or standards or processes they don’t want to deal with.

Not passing compliance is ilegal in many countries. And expensive. And there are other reasons as well. Mostly costly too.

@cquarint I you want to use the JP your best bet is to use forwarding and change the address.