Camera white balance not working

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): always
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.2.0.21
HARDWARE (XA2, X10, X10 II, …): Sony Xperia X10-II
UI LANGUAGE: DE
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?):

DESCRIPTION:

No changes switching between different white balance settings or auto.

PRECONDITIONS:

None.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Open Camera
  2. Switch different white balance or auto

EXPECTED RESULT:

White balance should change according to pattern (e.g. cloudy should give different result than sunny)

ACTUAL RESULT:

Nothing changes

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

3 Likes

Probably related to:

https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/xperia-10-ii-backlit-pictures-are-very-dark

same on my xperia 10ii (Version 4.3). But it still works on my old Xperia X (Version 4.3) so it must be a problem with the software adaption for the 10ii.

Thank you for the post. This is on our bug list. On newer devices which apparently don’t support white balance, there is a planned fix for this so that device doesn’t “seem” to support this feature.

2 Likes

Thank you for the information, altough it does not sound very promising… So if i understood you right the bug won’t disappear but the feature of chosing manually between different white balance options? :disappointed: That would be a pity, especially as the default camera is already missing a lot of features for creative fotography (for example chosing picture ratio from within the camera app, black&white-mode etc. and now white-balance-setting) :confused:

Serious question :

Why don’t you skip the phone stuff and buy a real camera ?!

It’s soo much nicer to use a big comfortable dSLR for example instead of a tiny thin phone without hardware buttons for a lot of things! :slight_smile:

It’s also much nicer to type on a full-size keyboard instead of on a phone screen, or to listen to music on a pair (or set) of large speakers instead of through a tiny phone speaker, but do you carry those with you at all times? A pocketknife is still useful even if you have the bigger and better versions of all of its tools, and the more things a pocketknife can do, the better.

1 Like

Well, i have a real camera and of course it will always be better at photography than a smartphone. But after all, the best camera is the one you got at hand and most of the time, that’s a smartphone. That said, all i wanted to say is that it would be nice to have more options for individual settings in the standard camera app. Jollas default camera is still quite rudimentary after years and now it seems like options for settings in camera are even decreasing for newer phones.

1 Like

Horrible Dutch saying that I really really hate and makes me cringe every time I hear or read it! :expressionless:

Gemini PDA running Jolla Sailfish comes to mind! :wink:

We got headphones for that! :wink:

But seriously : The thing is that you use a camera and if you use it right you simply need better ergonomics than a phone can offer! :slight_smile:

Dear nero355,
maybe we could get back to the topic of this threat and some common ground we maybe can all agree on:
1 The Default Camera App currenly has a bug on xperia x10ii devices
2 it would be nice if that bug would be fixed
3 a bugfix which decreases functionality is worse than a bugfix which does not decrease functionality
4 if you don’t want to use the camera app, that’s perfectly fine
5 turning a bug report into a general and off topic discussion about cameras and very personal feelings about this and that is not very helpful.

The only reason I started to talk about that is that you seemed like a guy who has “outgrown” a cameraphone and might be ready for something a lot more suitable and more advanced than that : A random (M)ILC as they call it these days! :slight_smile:

So uhm… yeah… my bad! :wink:

ok, i understand your point. I like photography and own quite a good compact sized camera but especially for taking snapshots of my kids etc. i always end up with the phone i have in my pocket. :wink: So peace and happy new years greeting to you in advance.