Call log and SMS: edit/import/export database in human-readable format in SFOS 4.0

We have commhistory-tool to backup call log and sms in proprietary binary format.

What is the current state with DB when one wants to edit/import/export this database in human-readable format?

I’ve just dumped it and it’s not pretty. First of all besides current ril_0 and ril_1 (sim1 and sim2) I have some entries with legacy account0 (probably before dual-sim support).
Then somewhere in March 2020 DB introduced subscriberIdentity (imsi?) field, probably to not mess up the DB if the user switches sim-cards.

So I would like to edit some entries. What is the proper way?

I know about /home/nemo/.local/share/commhistory/commhistory.db, but last time I tried to change the old deleted phone number for sms to a new number of a contact nothing happened.

4 Likes

Maybe this here

helps you?

not really.
As I wrote in the initial post commhistory-tool exports data in some binary format. Not human-readable.

Then maybe ?
sqlite3 .local/share/commhistory/commhistory.db select * from events;

An app like sms backup & restore or something similar would be nice for SFOS or at least bringing the SFOS SMS dump in a backup & restore compatible format. I already tried to open the sms dump with Notepad++ but the format is not really readable and editable. Any tips? :slight_smile:

I know about /home/nemo/.local/share/commhistory/commhistory.db, but last time I tried to change the old deleted phone number for sms to a new number of a contact nothing happened.

Digging out this post as I would like to export my SMS messages and import them in Android. Has someone already done this?

1 Like